Roof Boxer Helmet - Oh Yeah

Trent

Registered
I was always curious about these when i read a review a few years back so with the new scoot on the way I ordered one up. The latest version is called the V5 and it is off the hook awesome. Since we cant split lanes out here there is a potential to get stuck in traffic and so the flip up type helmets appealed to me but I didnt like the way they looked when open. The Roof with its sweet spherical glass flips all the way back and out of the way. It has very good ventilation and I live in a hot place so I appreciate this. Because it is almost round it looks smaller than a comparable large from other companies.

It's really three helmets in one. A full face mode , chin pulled back with lens down (figher pilot mode) and flip this back to make an open face. I noticed in fighter pilot mode there is some turbulence around the eyes so best to wear some glases/goggles since I had some debris blowing around in my face. One thing that is nice is that even though the helmet appears to be smaller and probably is, there is room to slip on the glasses and its quite accomodating with the different sungalsses I have tried. Very stoked on this helmet.

I had to order from Europe since I couldnt find it stocked in the US. Its safety compliant to European Standards but not DOT so this might be an issue if you want to use it at the track. The styling might not be for everyone but I think it looks awesome and it works very well. The only down side that I can see is the material that seals the moving chin part to the outside of the face shield is exposed in full face mode and it is some type of suede so it can soak up water if you're caught in the rain. I dont know if this is an issue or not but I didnt like this staying wet since it could end up scratching the lens over time if the wet seal picked up some grit too. Maybe I am being a little extra cautious since I like the helmet so much and dont want anythign to mess it up.

I give it a 10 out of 10 even with the exposed suede getting wet from time to time.

Cheers, Trent

IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

im assuming ur in Cali if ur splitting lanes legally. my buddy has one of those helmets for his Ducati. he seems to like it quite a bit and its actually very light. its not for me but does look pretty badass when he rides and being able to flip it up when its hot out is pretty kool.

wont fly at the track but he doesnt drag race his bike it makes no difference. his bike is just a chic magnet for him....:laugh:

he was concerned about fitment since he had to order his from some european website as well but he says their tru to size and fits like a glove. they look like fighter helmets. hows the wind noise?

The noise isnt too bad, at least not a bother to me. I havent been much over 100 though. My last full face was a Shoei md/lg (59/60) that fit good, not too snug. I got a large (60) here and it does indeed fit like a glove. Its probably not as quiet as a quality full face helmet but I cant detect any issues with the noise so far. The chin area is a little more open underneath since it needs to clear when flipping it back.

Neat helm! I'd still prefer a full face. I've got'n stuff in my eye too often with the visor cracked. Lots of bugs here in the summer. Very sweet helm though! Congrats!

Back