Rode in to the big city today and saw

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
…dozens of new and used bikes at the multi brand dealer 40 miles away where I bought my Kawasaki five years ago. Damn, it’s been over five years since I’ve ridden a CBX? Had to get the 9,000 mile PR2 replaced on the Busa. Still have a PR2 on the rear and it has over 5,000 miles on it. Still looking good. PR2s…last of the breed apparently and the other versions in their ever increa$ing PR lineup are just too expensive. Shame too. The PR2 is a great tire. So, having good mileage so far with Conti Motions on the Kawasaki i found a good looking front ContI Attack for the Busa. If it wears well I’ll replace the rear with one. Price a PR5 or 6. The Conti Attack was less than $90. If I’m feeling up to it I’ll put some miles on it later this week.

They had three bikes priced over 30K, a 32K ZX10RR, a Goldwing and a gorgeous Honda Fireblade for over 30K (sorry for the blurry pic). Didn’t know a ZXRR would go for 32K and a Fireblade for 30K? Are they super rare? A grey and a white Busa were priced at $18,500, about the same as a supercharged Kawasaki. Very nice black Suzuki GSX-S GT too but I forgot to check its price. When I started taking pics, my bike was ready. Got a few though. Whaddyathink of my new tire?

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_6207.jpeg

IMG_6206.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

IMG_6209.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6204.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6210.jpeg

Didn’t know a ZXRR would go for 32K?

"Superbike" supposedly?

I am just glad this 30k superbike has an "economical riding indicator" as well as cruise control, truly making it a good value.

1698233111793.png

...and a Fireblade for 30K? Are they super rare?

With the Honda, unless there is some collectable version, I guess that someone bought it, stored it unused, and are trying to justify it as an investment. I do not think it would sell anywhere near that price.

Fancy bikes!

Apples and oranges, but purchased my first / last new street bike in '86 while working at Wendy's. I'd love to have another brand new machine someday, but at even at my current lifetime highest earnings, I can't do it. There are some amazing new machines on the market.

"Superbike" supposedly?

I am just glad this 30k superbike has an "economical riding indicator" as well as cruise control, truly making it a good value.

View attachment 1671991

With the Honda, unless there is some collectable version, I guess that someone bought it, stored it unused, and are trying to justify it as an investment. I do not think it would sell anywhere near that price.
If it was one of these...

Both of those Superbikes mentioned above were "Homologation specials" built to comply with WSBK and other regulations. Literally all of the manufacturers do this now. BMW has the M1000RR, Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia etc all have some top spec variant for sale. Suzuki Used to have some pretty cool superbike specials going back to the 1979 GS1000 Wes Cooley Replica, 1986 gsxr750 limited edition, and later the1989 GSXR750RR, all highly sought after now.

"Race ready" just tape up or remove the lights and mirrors, and safety-wire half of the bike, and it's 'race-ready'...like any other bike.
I like the concept of what's being offered.
I understand declining global sales.
I understand inflation.
What I don't understand is a 50% price increase over the standard bike.
I can add aftermarket brakes and suspension to a new standard ZX or CBR, and still have thousands left to spend on other farkles.
Oh well, whatever drives business.
And still cool to see some variety in showrooms.

When I was kid, all the cool dudes drove around in Buick Grand Nationals. Usually with an "I brake for Corvette's" bumper sticker. When the last hurrah, "GNX" with the super fancy suspension, wheels / tires, etc. came out, they only made one for each Buick dealer. I went to see it. They had it tilted on one side with mirrors on the floor so you could see the wonderfulness hidden beneath. The MSRP was $25k and the dealer mark-up was another $25k. But it did come with a full tank of gas.

When I was kid, all the cool dudes drove around in Buick Grand Nationals. Usually with an "I brake for Corvette's" bumper sticker. When the last hurrah, "GNX" with the super fancy suspension, wheels / tires, etc. came out, they only made one for each Buick dealer. I went to see it. They had it tilted on one side with mirrors on the floor so you could see the wonderfulness hidden beneath. The MSRP was $25k and the dealer mark-up was another $25k. But it did come with a full tank of gas.
I had a friend who had a Grand National and blew the engine racing a guy in a hopped up Iroc Z.....

He had a hard time finding another engine as it was a common thing for them to pop...

Back