Rode a 600RR today

you're from Milton Florida?? That's funny, when I was stationed at Pensacola I dated a stripper from there.

I recently traded my '03 R6 in for my '05 Busa and I'll tell you flat out, the new 600's can run with the best of 'em just like Brown said. The '03 R6 was listed as the best bike to learn on with ultimate cornering ability with perfect balance. I could snap that thing like butter around curves. The Busa took a few dayz to get used to the cumbersome weight compared to the nimbleness of the R6. We were laughin callin it the power moose in comparison.

My boy who also had an '03 R6 hopped it up alot and had nooooo problems keeping up with us unless we were WOT, and then he lagged behind a tiny bit...but not by much. Their limitation is 160mph though. Most are, not sure about the new Kawi 636 that needed the extra 36 cubic inches to actually compete with the other true 600's.....lol

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120978503 -->

i was looking at a 636 cause i was afraid i couldn't finance the Busa (recent divorce) but it turned being just 2000 difference. twice the bike for 2000 extra i could go there. the only time i slightly regreted buying the Busa was when i was trying to get it in my Duplex(up the steps) (because of this damn hurricane) i think in the future when i add a baby brother for the Busa it will be the 05 or 06 gsx 1000 cause its only slightly heavier than a 636 and lot more power. but 600 sizewise the 636 would be my only choice.just my 1/2 cent worth

I like the flat black frame...So how is the handleing different from the 10 better worse? DO you miss the power? I take it you got teh trade and a little cash? If there is a post that answers these just throw me a link and ill read for my self
wink.gif
It's lighter, more nimble, and more flickable than the 10. It also likes more corner speed. The 636 feels like you're thinking it through the twisties. You think what you want to do and it does it. I don't miss the power at all. I am having to get used to keeping it in the power band, but when it's in the band it's more than enough power for street twisties.
wink.gif
I sold the 10 for $9100 minus some of the aftermarket stuff and paid $8500 out the door for the 636. That worked out to $7852 + tax & fees. Smokin' deal considering they're selling like hotcakes and it's the middle of the riding season.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

as long as youre happy with it bro im still a big fan of the gsxr 750.

SO you goin turbo any time soon
blush.gif

I rode a buddies R6 through some twisties over the weekend, while him and his g/f rode "In luxury" as she put it. It was fun, no power down low, gotta keep the motor on the boil at all times, but light, flickable and overall a good time. I wouldn't go trade the Busa for one, but it would make a fun 2nd bike.
+1 Your description mirrors exactly my thoughts whenever I ride a 600. I still plan on adding one to the stable one day though. Nice for a little diversity.

bullet, why did you get ride of a ZX-10R and get into a 636?  I mean that just boggles me.
you can actully get on it without wondering when it was gonna flip over. I think they are real touchy too but dont know cause ive never riden one

bullet, why did you get ride of a ZX-10R and get into a 636? I mean that just boggles me.
Going to and riding a 600 is something folks either get or they don't. I don't know how else to say it other than how I've said it several times already. I went with a great bike that fits my needs and wants perfectly instead of overpaying insurance, tire, and gas costs to keep a bike that was serious overkill in street twisties. Me owning a litre bike for the kind of riding I do was like owning a big ol' garbage truck to haul off a couple bags of trash every weekend. Why pay the associated expenses when there's something else more suited to my needs that costs less?
rock.gif

I see a lot of people post up that they couldn't see themselves riding a 600 and that they need and use the power of a litre or bigger. I am starting to highly doubt that most of them actually use all a litre or bigger has in street twisties. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people who would never ride a 600 couldn't even wring out a 600 for all it's worth. Also, if they do use it all, they're friggin' INSANE for riding like that on the street.

I can honestly see owning a busa for the street because it's a great bike that does a lot of things well and it is designed for a whole different purpose than the litre and 600... even though it has serious overkill power. What I can't see is me owning a litre bike for street riding. Unless they quit making nice, strong 600's like the 636, or I start racing on the track in a litre bike class I don't see me getting another litre.

bullet, why did you get ride of a ZX-10R and get into a 636? I mean that just boggles me.
you can actully get on it without wondering when it was gonna flip over. I think they are real touchy too but dont know cause ive never riden one
Actually, even with the 16t front sprocket I had on the 10, the bike was totally controllable. It wheelied extremely easy when I told it to, but I could ride hard enough to blister other bikes without the front end doing anything more than skimming the front tire off the ground through the low gears. It's all in throttle control though, just like with the busa.

bullet, why did you get ride of a ZX-10R and get into a 636?  I mean that just boggles me.
Go ride any 600 or a gixxer 750 and you will understand...

Twisties on small, light bikes are a friggin' blast dood. Busas are like freight trains going through a corner. I did the same thing, went from a busa to a 750. Then I got a gixxer 1000. I love it, just like BT loves his lil' 636.

my busa moves through corners just fine
wink.gif

my busa moves through corners just fine
wink.gif
Yes, the busa corners a lot better than most give it credit for, but it still can't do it like a litre or 600. The busa will outhandle most riders' abilities though.
wink.gif
It comes down to what you want and what you like. I love the light, flickable, nimble nature of the 600 for twisties, which is what most of my riding is. If I lived in Florida or somewhere like that where there aren't a lot of twisties I'd just as soon have a busa to roll on. If I wasn't into the twisties and just commuted on a bike I'd rather have something like a busa. For the twisties though, nothing has done it for my like the 636 has so far. Now if Hurricane Dennis would blow his ass on through and take this stinkin' rain with him I'd get out there and work on wearing out the factory tires on it.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121122055 -->

wink.gif

Back