Rode a 600RR today

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
A guy that I work with has a 600RR and he parks next to me (with me in the spot) when ever I ride in. Anyway as we were leaving today, he tells me if I ever want to get on a real bike - so I said, how about today? Anyway, that thing felt like a pocket bike. I was afraid to lean it at all because I thought it would just flop over like some kind of wet noodle.....think I'll keep ole' Bessie!
Anyone else ever feel like this?

Well did you run it hard? Ive always wanted to try a 600SS bike out just for fun. I am sure I will get my chance someday since I got a Busa for leverage.
smile.gif

I rode my buddy's 02 R6. Man I'm not even kidding when I thought the power felt like a minibike compared to the busa. Throttle response seemed very slow to come on. I thought something was wrong when I first started off, but that's just how it rides. It was very light but I didn't like it one bit. It's funny when he rode my Busa we were passing some cars in a tight spot and I look back and he's coming up on me like a bat outta hell with his eyes as big as beach balls. He said the power scared the crap out of him. Felt so good to get back on my bike.:)

Nope... I love my 600...
wink.gif
Damn you got another bike!?  What happend to the 10
Dood, you really should come around more often...   He's done posted up as many pics of his 600 as there was of diablo!  
biggrin.gif

Well maybe not that many.... hehehhehe
Sry man just started working as a crew commander and dont have a lot of free time anymore....if im not sleep im working...so did you sell the 10?

i rode a honda 600 a few weeks back. it was awesome in the corners, in corners that i would go through at like 100 with the busa(and it feels like u wouldnt want to go much faster) i was going through those same corners at that speed with the 600 and didnt even feel like i was leaning it.

I rode a buddies R6 through some twisties over the weekend, while him and his g/f rode "In luxury" as she put it. It was fun, no power down low, gotta keep the motor on the boil at all times, but light, flickable and overall a good time. I wouldn't go trade the Busa for one, but it would make a fun 2nd bike.

i have to say, being a recent cbr 600 owner the bike definitly hangs in the curves with the best of them.

I love my Busa but I still had a warm spot for my R1 that I sold when I got the Busa. I had both for about a month and loved both, but I was not able to jump off the Busa and onto the R1 in the same 30 minute period... Felt like I was going to break it after feeling the Bib Busa... I still go through this with the wifes Katonka, I only ride it when she needs gas in it... Yup I fill it up for her gents... Nothing more or less.
tounge.gif

600 are fun and very different... The most noticeable difference between riding a big gun like the Busa and something like a 600RR is the flickability! The bike is much lighter and the weight is higher, therefore when entering corners or going through S's, you get a much quicker response.

Today's 600's are quite powerful but another big difference with the Busa is that to get the horses out the engine, you gotta keep those revs in the 11000rpm range and up, so you end up always shifting and downshifting to stay in the powerband, as opposed to a big cylinder bike where you can just unroll that throttle even in 6th gear and get an impressive acceleration.

Different toys for different needs
wink.gif

Nope... I love my 600...
wink.gif
I'll give it 6 months max before you either get another big bike to go along with your 600 or get rid of the 600.

Though I'll give it to ya, it takes alot more skill to keep up with the liter bikes on the track on a 600cc bike...so I am sure you will come out a better rider if you work at it.
No friggin' way... I don't ride to "keep up" and I don't race. The 636 is absolutely perfect for my riding. I don't see this one going anywhere for a LONG time. If I get another big bike it will probably be another busa, but not because the 636 is lacking in anything I need. It's just that I still want another busa.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Nope... I love my 600...
wink.gif
Damn you got another bike!? What happend to the 10
Dood, you really should come around more often... He's done posted up as many pics of his 600 as there was of diablo!
biggrin.gif

Well maybe not that many.... hehehhehe
Sry man just started working as a crew commander and dont have a lot of free time anymore....if im not sleep im working...so did you sell the 10?
Yes, I sold the 10 and bought an '05 636... Happy as Hell with that move, too.
wink.gif

Here she is pre-mods... She now has an Akrapovic Ti slip-on, rear fender removed, PUIG dark smoke Race screen, removed reflectors and warning decals, removed passenger pegs (seat cowl ordered, but on backorder), titanium weave tank protector and as of last night a set of black anodized Pazzo Racing shorty race levers.
wink.gif
And as if that wasn't enough I'm also seriously considering putting my bonus check this year on a set of Marvic Penta magnesium wheels for it.
biggrin.gif
It should REALLY handle like it's on rails then.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120949035 -->

IMG_0114.jpg

wink.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

A guy that I work with has a 600RR and he parks next to me (with me in the spot) when ever I ride in.  Anyway as we were leaving today, he tells me if I ever want to get on a real bike - so I said, how about today?  Anyway, that thing felt like a pocket bike.  I was afraid to lean it at all because I thought it would just flop over like some kind of wet noodle.....think I'll keep ole' Bessie!
Haha! It just takes some getting used to...throwing your leg over a completely different machine. You're a bigger guy, too, so that makes a difference in the feel of a smaller bike.

I like your description, though, Shawn! Haha!
laugh.gif

A guy that I work with has a 600RR and he parks next to me (with me in the spot) when ever I ride in. Anyway as we were leaving today, he tells me if I ever want to get on a real bike - so I said, how about today? Anyway, that thing felt like a pocket bike. I was afraid to lean it at all because I thought it would just flop over like some kind of wet noodle.....think I'll keep ole' Bessie!
Haha! It just takes some getting used to...throwing your leg over a completely different machine. You're a bigger guy, too, so that makes a difference in the feel of a smaller bike.

I like your description, though, Shawn! Haha!
laugh.gif
Yeah, I guess if I had gone straight from the busa to a 636 I would have felt awkward. The 10R was a mid-step between the two, so I had time to adjust down to it before I went to the 6. I can actually see how he got the impression he got, I guess.
biggrin.gif

I like the flat black frame...So how is the handleing different from the 10 better worse? DO you miss the power? I take it you got teh trade and a little cash? If there is a post that answers these just throw me a link and ill read for my self
wink.gif

Back