Rock Slide *Video*

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
A couple of rock slides occurred this morning on Hwy 64, not too far from the 1996 Olympics Whitewater Kayaking site near Ocoee, TN. While the first slide was being cleaned up, a second slide took place and completely destroyed a section the road. This is also a route that we use to get to the Robbinsville/Cherohala Skyway/Dragon area. Coincidentally, a 3.0 earthquake recently happened to the west of this location, and a 3.2 to the east. Maybe they rattled something loose?

Anyway, check out the video of the second slide...

- Video: Second slide keeps Ocoee Gorge blocked[/url]

And here's the news story...

Rockslide in Polk County | polk, county, rockslide - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was through there twice this last weekend!!! I hope they are able to get it back to rights soon.

man that is awful! Guess it will be a while before we get to go through there. too bad that os our main road to get to the best riding on earth :mad2:

Good thing everyone is ok tho!

is that the "Gorge" up to Asheville? drove that 4 times a week for about 3 years hauling steel and MH chassis... never saw a slide like that... wow..

I hope the tractor operator is okay. It looked like that slide came right at the worker and tractor.

It was in the same place. A report said that some engineer/geologist types gave a warning to clear the area just before the second slide. That was certainly a lifesaving decision.

is that the "Gorge" up to Asheville? drove that 4 times a week for about 3 years hauling steel and MH chassis... never saw a slide like that... wow..

It's on US Hwy 64, right about where the pink dot is.

rock slide map.jpg

God love Southern folk... he was so matter of fact about the whole issue. Take someone from the West coast and they would be screaming RUN FOR YOU LIFE FOREST! SWEET BABY JESUS THE WORLD IS ENDING... Not Southern folk...Yep...we was working the issue now we just got more work to get done.

:thumbsup:

Put more of them in Congress and we could fix this country!

Back