Roaring Toyz mirrors...ride report

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well I got a chance to ride the Busa with my new mirrors and here's some info.....
The mirror surface is considerably smaller than stock and it felt slightly limited upon first use. As I racked up some distance I realized that the magnifying properties of the R/T mirrors compensated somewhat for the smaller mirror surface....yielding a similar size field of vision, albeit smaller to the eye. After getting used to that, I grew to accept that and it no longer bothered me! I also noticed that, on a sunny day, the darker bluish tint of the lens seemed to eliminate glare better than OEM units. I only ran up to 5000rpm and didn't notice vibration effects any more severe than stockers. It should be noted that these observations were with the 1" extenders installed, I just don't have time to try the mirrors without and report(4 day dualsport ride tomorrow).
Will I leave them on? Yes, they are quality, good looking pieces and when I rode up to the bicycle shop, 2 guys came out and the first thing said was, "cool mirrors". That is on a freshly polished Busa with ALOT of shiny racing parts!
I might put the OEM units back on for a week plus sport touring ride (but I said that about the Buell pegs when I installed Sato rearsets and the Buell units are still in a shoebox a year later!).
I hope this helps those guys that pm'ed me with questions. Be safe....Doyle

P1020909.JPG

I have the same mirrors and they vibrate much more than the stockers. I rarely use the mirrors anyway. I prefer to turn my head.

I was wondering more about the vibration at speed...road speed. 70-100+ ???

I was wondering more about the vibration at speed...road speed. 70-100+ ???

I'll report on that in the near future Rich, I don't ride that fast around the Reno metro area!

I have the same mirrors and they vibrate much more than the stockers. I rarely use the mirrors anyway. I prefer to turn my head.

I'm guessing the extension spacers actually dampen the vibes, if I find that's accurate, the spacers will be of double benefit to me (vibes and wider visual stance). Turning heads is awesome EXCEPT fast riding in twisties and when you just want to know who's back there on the interstate.
Raydog

Been looking for some mirrors for a while....these look like they stick out pretty far from the pics? That may be a deal breaker for me.

They're adj. you can move up or down. Mine vibrate pretty bad.

I got the same mirrors... havent installed them yet... will let you guys know my experience with them... THey do look cool... I would have thought they would be a bit lighter than they really are... and yes the mirror is smaller than I would have liked. They look nice, but havent seen them installed on my baby just yet.

I'm guessing the extension spacers actually dampen the vibes, if I find that's accurate, the spacers will be of double benefit to me (vibes and wider visual stance). Turning heads is awesome EXCEPT fast riding in twisties and when you just want to know who's back there on the interstate.
Raydog

i got the 1 inch spacers and the gsxr mirrors and they vibrate all the time :banghead:

Back