RIP Suzuki

Suzuki has a history of hanging on to highly developed concepts for a long time. The air-oil motors were out dated for a few years ( some would say from the get go) and then they had the stop-gap liquid bikes. People were writing Suzuki off, then came the SRAD 750 it was light years ahead, even out running the vaunted 900 Honda. Yamaha came out with the R1, WOW, until Suzuki introduced the GSXR 1000 with 20 more HP. They also replaced the hefty, badly outdated GSXR 1100 with a bike most people on here have heard of...

All that being said, I don’t think kids are in to fast bikes and cars like they were in my day. Society has become much more risk adverse.

Suzuki has a history of hanging on to highly developed concepts for a long time. The air-oil motors were out dated for a few years ( some would say from the get go) and then they had the stop-gap liquid bikes. People were writing Suzuki off, then came the SRAD 750 it was light years ahead, even out running the vaunted 900 Honda. Yamaha came out with the R1, WOW, until Suzuki introduced the GSXR 1000 with 20 more HP. They also replaced the hefty, badly outdated GSXR 1100 with a bike most people on here have heard of...

All that being said, I don’t think kids are in to fast bikes and cars like they were in my day. Society has become much more risk adverse.
i think u have something there... with the "risk averse".. but there is a segment of youth that still believes... ex-military and outlaws alike.

well... if they don't make a gen3... u people have one of the best motors ever made in either a gen2 or gen1..... BETTER than a h2.... much more robust..... if ure after traction control/lean angle sensors/electric gizmos... go buy a prius and stare at ure cell phone.... if u wanna man up.... mod ure old bike... ITS A MOTORCYCLE... not a cell phone.... u don't need all the electronic gizmos... act like men
I hear ya bro. We're not after gizmos and the like, or freakin H2's bro. All I'm saying is, its 2018, not 1999. I'm sure you had a favourite bike before the Busa was launched. Then Suzuki launched the beast and Hayabusa was the answer to all of our problems. "Oh my trips too work are so boring, - get a busa." , or "I hate my wife's casserole, - ride my busa" Sh1t bro, " fuel prices keep rising - I'll forget if I ride my busa." Or "the earth stopped moving - don't worry start it up again with a busa motor" you know, sh!t like that....but now we DO have a favourite bike, the Hayabusa..... The fastest bike on the planet..... My b@lls are so big with confidence, (acting like a man), then a stoopid weekend warrior passes me with a beemer or an H2, I get pissed because I love my busa that was just passed.... By a freakin rookie. So I don't mean to offend Ali and the rest of my Busa brethren. And no, I don't wat Gizmo's or gadgets or an H2..... I just want Suzuki to look after us monsters they have created, by giving us a goddamn, new updated model so we can whip these H2 bastards...... In stock form. I'm sure ya'll understand.

I look at society... and I laugh... and u may be right about Suzuki... but all companies turn into poop eventually.... ALL BUSINESSES have lean times or fail completely.... but one big punch can reverse an entire fight... I feel that Suzuki needs to start HEAD HUNTING...
Sheeeit.

I hear ya bro. We're not after gizmos and the like, or freakin H2's bro. All I'm saying is, its 2018, not 1999. I'm sure you had a favourite bike before the Busa was launched. Then Suzuki launched the beast and Hayabusa was the answer to all of our problems. "Oh my trips too work are so boring, - get a busa." , or "I hate my wife's casserole, - ride my busa" Sh1t bro, " fuel prices keep rising - I'll forget if I ride my busa." Or "the earth stopped moving - don't worry start it up again with a busa motor" you know, sh!t like that....but now we DO have a favourite bike, the Hayabusa..... The fastest bike on the planet..... My b@lls are so big with confidence, (acting like a man), then a stoopid weekend warrior passes me with a beemer or an H2, I get pissed because I love my busa that was just passed.... By a freakin rookie. So I don't mean to offend Ali and the rest of my Busa brethren. And no, I don't wat Gizmo's or gadgets or an H2..... I just want Suzuki to look after us monsters they have created, by giving us a goddamn, new updated model so we can whip these H2 bastards...... In stock form. I'm sure ya'll understand.
u might have to mod what u already have.... why do u think some people are investing 30-70K on an old bike?

I’ve no idea what that means so once again, insanity gets my vote. I’d much rather put that kind of money into something a bit more substantial like a Pro Street 56 Chevy or a 65 GTO or a 66 SS396 Impala or a 32 HiBoy or even this lil Crown Vic.
0B9E3664-84BF-4B51-BDFB-D6A2D287C651.jpeg

It is fully understandable to be frustrated or disappointed that Suzuki is not the leading innovator of the motorcycle industry. (for us "fanboys")

I wish they were. Though, as a business owner I understand why they are not.

Every manufacturer has a loyal base, the size of that base fluctuates over time for multiple reasons. Lack of innovation or leading technology can drastically decrease the size of that base within a short period of time. Though, manufactures can overcome those issues in multiple ways. (sell in new markets, decrease production costs, offer "rebates")

Most of us have heard the phrase," ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Suzuki has enjoyed industry leading sales numbers, without many "new" technical advances. They have steadily increase tech advances as "government standards" requires, not so much because of the advances in the industry.

I believe this is true because of two main factors. First, Suzuki customers want power for a reasonable price. Second, Suzuki customers customize and don't want extras to increase price.

So, gen 3 Hayabusa in 2019 or 2020. I think it will have all the GSXR-1000 technology with a 1440 cc engine. (no turbo or supercharger)

It is fully understandable to be frustrated or disappointed that Suzuki is not the leading innovator of the motorcycle industry. (for us "fanboys")

Every manufacturer has a loyal base, the size of that base fluctuates over time for multiple reasons. Lack of innovation or leading technology can drastically decrease the size of that base within a short period of time. Though, manufactures can overcome those issues in multiple ways. (sell in new markets, decrease production costs, offer "rebates")

Most of us have heard the phrase," ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Suzuki has enjoyed industry leading sales numbers, without many "new" technical advances. They have steadily increase tech advances as "government standards" requires, not so much because of the advances in the industry.

I believe this is true because of two main factors. First, Suzuki customers want power for a reasonable price. Second, Suzuki customers customize and don't want extras to increase price.

So, gen 3 Hayabusa in 2019 or 2020. I think it will have all the GSXR-1000 technology with a 1440 cc engine. (no turbo or supercharger)
I love positivity..... Spoken like a true busa pilot.

Safe bet. Hoping they do something similar to the 2019 1000, offering a base model and one with higher spec suspension etc. Just looking at the patent renders for the (also expected soon) BMW S1000 made me wonder what they might try aesthetically with the new Busa. I expect them to keep the split ram air and central headlight as that is just Hayabusa DNA. With looming Euro4 and even stricter euro5 emmisions I am expecting to see a multi element exhaust system living at least partially outside the confines of the current all encompassing bodywork. The rear is anybodies guess. It will almost certainly come with a full suite of electronics, perhaps even more loaded than the 2019 Gixxer. Can't wait for EICMA next month!

Back