RIP Suzuki

Tetsuo1000

Registered
I love my 2010 Hayabusa. I also love my 82 Katana 1100, and have owned several other Suzukis. But where are the new innovations?
It seems they forced themselves to make a new Gixxer, arriving late to the new litre bike battle, maybe too late.
But our beloved busa was a legend because of preformance, now becoming a legend because it is just good time old.
The M109R, was amazing. The ultimate power cruiser. But it hasn’t changed in over a decade.
The “new” Katana is just the old Gsx1000 with new lipstick. Pretty but nothing new.
Other companies have managed to innovate. And it is sad and frustrating that my favorite manufacturer is showing symptoms of a teminal illness.
Innovate or die.

Last edited:
The Suzuki dirtbike line has consistently been at the back of the pack for some time now, even after a redesign. Not sure what the powers that be are doing in Japan, but the Zooks don't inspire much anymore.

I think Suzuki has
left the building gentleman
and RedBull ( Laugh out loud ) .

No self respecting motorcycle company lets an icon
like the Suzuki Hayabusa die on the vine like this . . .

The Suzuki Hayabusa made it into ~ the top 5 Iconic motorcycles of all time *

Last edited:
well... if they don't make a gen3... u people have one of the best motors ever made in either a gen2 or gen1..... BETTER than a h2.... much more robust..... if ure after traction control/lean angle sensors/electric gizmos... go buy a prius and stare at ure cell phone.... if u wanna man up.... mod ure old bike... ITS A MOTORCYCLE... not a cell phone.... u don't need all the electronic gizmos... act like men

Like yourself, we are passionate about our Hayabusa bikes and want Suzuki to be successful. It is painful to see Suzuki sitting on the sidelines and not innovating like the other manufacturers.

I am like you, I don't need any electronic gismos but if they are available, I would use them-traction control is a useful item with a 170+ hp stock bike.

well... if they don't make a gen3... u people have one of the best motors ever made in either a gen2 or gen1..... BETTER than a h2.... much more robust..... if ure after traction control/lean angle sensors/electric gizmos... go buy a prius and stare at ure cell phone.... if u wanna man up.... mod ure old bike... ITS A MOTORCYCLE... not a cell phone.... u don't need all the electronic gizmos... act like men

I believe you may have misunderstood my post. I was lamenting the apparent lethargy of a company rich in heritage, that historical evedence shows will result in the demise of said company. I enjoy my 34 year old Katana as much as my hayabusa, regardless of technological innovations in either. And also, there may be a wider spectrum of how men act than you can perceive.

Reminds me of the time when Ford was going to replace the Mustang with the Probe, there was so much back-lash they re-thought that decision (thank goodness).

Suzuki needs a wake up call so they can move forward and continue creating bikes like the Hayabusa. Maybe this is all a moot point as a new gen Hayabusa could already be in the works....(fingers crossed).

It took quite a long time for Suzuki to create a bike like the Busa and to place Suzuki ahead of the competition for once...

I believe you may have misunderstood my post. I was lamenting the apparent lethargy of a company rich in heritage, that historical evedence shows will result in the demise of said company. I enjoy my 34 year old Katana as much as my hayabusa, regardless of technological innovations in either. And also, there may be a wider spectrum of how men act than you can perceive.
I look at society... and I laugh... and u may be right about Suzuki... but all companies turn into poop eventually.... ALL BUSINESSES have lean times or fail completely.... but one big punch can reverse an entire fight... I feel that Suzuki needs to start HEAD HUNTING...

I look at society... and I laugh... and u may be right about Suzuki... but all companies turn into poop eventually.... ALL BUSINESSES have lean times or fail completely.... but one big punch can reverse an entire fight... I feel that Suzuki needs to start HEAD HUNTING...

That is very true and wise, we should stay positive and enjoy what we have. Here’s hoping Suzuki throws one hell of a haymaker.

That is very true and wise, we should stay positive and enjoy what we have. Here’s hoping Suzuki throws one hell of a haymaker.
point is... it CAN happen... and another lesson is... greatness is fleeting... where ure a champion... everyone is coming after the number one spot... look at poor roy jones... number 1 P4p in the whole world.

One thing that hurts Suzuki is having cash for innovations etc., besides GM leaving them hold the bag for millions of dollars when they got bailed out. You look at the other manufactures except KTM and they all make cars, generators, bullet trains, pianos or are owned by a larger corporation. I am a tried and true Suzuki guy all my life and don't like seeing the spot they are in but I understand.

One thing that hurts Suzuki is having cash for innovations etc., besides GM leaving them hold the bag for millions of dollars when they got bailed out. You look at the other manufactures except KTM and they all make cars, generators, bullet trains, pianos or are owned by a larger corporation. I am a tried and true Suzuki guy all my life and don't like seeing the spot they are in but I understand.
all true.... but it only takes a couple people with passion and drive and a love for motorcycles in general to build a superstar.... that's the question… how bad do u want it? It all starts with an idea.... many unpaid hours may be required along with personal sacrifice... such is passion

Back