What Is Suzuki Up To?

bigoltool

Registered
Naming conventions. Suzuki has always had certain naming conventions for particular bikes. Forever the GSXR's were the race replicas, The GSX's ( and in the old days the GS's until BMW barged in and copied that ) were the less radical variants, the Katanas, Bandits, etc. Then in 1999 the Hayabusa (GSX1300R) was the first to blur this line ( in my mind anyway) name wise. Not really a GSXR but it certainly needed its own unique identifier! Now they have the new 2018 GSX250R coming out...as a Katana? WTH is up with the boys in Hamamatsu? If, as I suspect they intend to build a line of bikes similar to this 250 then what is to become of the next Gen Hayabusa (if it is even in the pipeline as we have been led to believe)?
9EE7181724D641CF8466814477B97658.ashx.jpg

And while I am on my soapbox. Has anyone viewed the Suzuki UK website lately? They have a bunch of special editions on there that are not available here in the US. Including the Hayabusa Z with installed Yoshimura Bolt ons, from the factory! I kind of feel ripped off after looking at their site. Including this tasty Touring version of the GSX1000.
57b6b9d8461c9.jpg

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/

And while I am on my soapbox. Has anyone viewed the Suzuki UK website lately? They have a bunch of special editions on there that are not available here in the US. Including the Hayabusa Z with installed Yoshimura Bolt ons, from the factory! I kind of feel ripped off after looking at their site. Including this tasty Touring version of the GSX1000.
View attachment 1569898
We have the GSX1000 here. real cool and fun to ride, the 2017 busa goes on sale next week with free yoshi mufflers too

We get the GSX1000 here just not the Touring or Yoshimura editions. The American market is like a deadzone for the brand right now.

We get the GSX1000 here just not the Touring or Yoshimura editions. The American market is like a deadzone for the brand right now.
I looked at the hayabusa Z , apart from the yoshi system nothing appears different , unlike the 50th anniversary model you guys got but we didn't .

View attachment 1569898
These 2 models here are good value gsx-s1000
Suzuki.jpg

Its funny but when I was a kid we used to make a trek to Canada every year just to see what models they were getting for the new year. They got the GSXR 750 in 1984 for instance, wasn't sold in the US until 85. It hasn't been that way in the past few decades though. Think they standardized the North American market more or less.

Where's the massive exhaust all the sports bikes have now to be euro 4 compliant!

That's either a concept bike(so emissions and design don't matter).
Or, there's a huge catalytic converter hiding under the fairings.

Interesting Photoshop special. Appears to be multiple donor bikes in there. And you will almost certainly need more vents to extract all that heat.

Back