What you you pay for a '01 Katana 750?

Busa Phil

Registered
Ok in all seriousness, what would you pay for 2001 Suzuki Katana 750 with 25,000 miles on it?

I haven't seen the bike in person yet but from pictures and email communications the bike seems to be in good condition with no mechanical issues. Of course, I need to inspect it in person before buying it.

I have heard many jokes about Katanas, but I'm just looking for a bike to replace my '07 Busa for the summer because it is back at the dealer in Western New York because of overheating issues incurred in Manhattan. So, the Katana would just hopefully be a reliable summer replacement to bomb around the City on.

I think I can pick it up for $2000.00. Would this be a good deal considering it has 25k on the clock? What issues should I worry about with that kind of mileage? What would you offer for it?

Thank you, your input is greatly appreciated.

-Busa Phil

TwoToneVert sold one with less than 1,000 miles on it earier this year. You may want to PM him.

For my zip, KBB trade-in (Good condition) says $1285: 1995 Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 Motorcycle Trade-In Value & Price - Kelley Blue Book

A well-maintained bike with that mileage should still be OK.
How many owners for the KAT?
Service records available (valves adjusted, plugs changed, carbs sync'd, etc.)
How is the chain, brakes, clutches, tires??

When I was shopping around, I also checked cycletrader, craigslist and ebay for reference prices. Helped me decide what price to pay for a used '08 Gen II.

I would say that's a fair price as long as you don't have to put any $$$ into to her to get her up and running.

Yeah i think its fair as well...he's asking $2300 but i think he'll take $2000 cash on the spot...might even through $1800 out there and deal up to 2k. There's a good chance i'll buy it if he seems like he took care of the bike. I believe he's the original owner and he's claiming most of the miles are highway. If he has maintenance records that would be a huge plus, because even i take good care of my bikes but am lousy at keeping records. It would just show me he was detail oriented which means he probably kept up on the maintenance and didn't beat her to death. Thanks for the input guys!

I sold my 2000 Katana 750 with just under 20,000 miles for $3200 last spring...only sat out in the front yard for about 3 hours. Had half a dozen offers in the $2800 range, but held out. It was almost showroom condition. I'd say $2k cash would be a great deal for you.

BTW- That thing started up the first time every time, never had any problems. Wish I could say the same thing about the busa.

katana 001.jpg

katana 002.jpg

katana 003.jpg

katana 013.jpg

Last edited:
Back