Righteous Shooting, HOWEVER.......

He has access to a loaded weapons because his parents probably taught him to shoot and the responsibility to only grab the gun in such a situation. MY opinion is only speculation though. I would only assume and hope that is the truth.

I actually was just thinking today how old would my child be before I taught him how to shoot and show him where my gun is hidden in case of such a situation. Quite a coincidence!

I started teaching my daughter around 13, we use to go to the range and send a few rounds down range, I let her break the weapon down and clean the parts and put it back together. I just believe that your kids introduction to things that can be harmful should come from a responsible parent so I explained, alcohol, drugs, sex etc along with her fire arm instruction.

410 at 9, pistols at 11-12. Grandpa was a cop. The boy had ready access to a loaded weapon because a parent taught him what to do and trusted him. He might not have had access to a loaded weapon, but only to an unloaded weapon, with the magazine in a different location. Only downside was that he missed.

Back