Right Side Cowling

busastrom

Registered
Hey All,
Ive been on this board reading about everyday for 6 months, just don't post all that much.  I got my 08 here in November and I finally worked up the nerve to attempt to take this right cowling off for an oil change.  I used Wag's instructions (which were excellent) but am stuck on the very end.  I have all the pins/bolts out but the right cowling is still hanging on to the top nose cowling.  I even have pulled it out from the side and lifted up.  I can feel all around and this is the only place it won't let go.  So my question is, does it just pull down from the top cowling, or is there another latching device to the top?

Just don't want to bust anything.
Thanks all for your help.  You have helped me through a ton of projects already with it.  Ill post pics here as soon as it is back in one piece.

B.S.

Hey All,
Ive been on this board reading about everyday for 6 months, just don't post all that much.  I got my 08 here in November and I finally worked up the nerve to attempt to take this right cowling off for an oil change.  I used Wag's instructions (which were excellent) but am stuck on the very end.  I have all the pins/bolts out but the right cowling is still hanging on to the top nose cowling.  I even have pulled it out from the side and lifted up.  I can feel all around and this is the only place it won't let go.  So my question is, does it just pull down from the top cowling, or is there another latching device to the top?

Just don't want to bust anything.
Thanks all for your help.  You have helped me through a ton of projects already with it.  Ill post pics here as soon as it is back in one piece.

B.S.
ohthedrama.gif

deadhorse.gif

banghead.gif

boohoo.gif

just see if you can get to oil filter as it is without taking the top nose out.

Well, I was also going to get it dyno'ed here next week and they asked (to save time) if I would remove the fairings. Though if not, they would do it for me. I was just using it as a learning experience. Besides, I don't like letting a piece of plastic beat me. Although, it is doing a pretty good job to this point.
deadhorse.gif

B.S.

where the lower fairing attaches to the upper nose fairing you need to slide the lower fairing back towards the rear of the bike, should copme off then.this part caused me a lot of trouble

where the lower fairing attaches to the upper nose fairing you need to slide the lower fairing back towards the rear of the bike, should copme off then.this part caused me a lot of trouble
mikebusa,
That worked perfectly. Not sure how long that would of taken me (along with how many broken parts) without that.
I appreciate the help!

B.S.

Back