Help nose cowling.

MadLight

Registered
Help! How do you remove the nose cowling for the HID install. I've searched like mad. I've removed the right and left side cowling and this is such a painin the khullo, I'm ordering whatever else I need while I got them off.:banghead: 08 busa 79 mile s. I need to ride.

You dont have to remove the nose to install the HID??? but If you really want to you will need to remove all the dash pieces, windshield, mirrors, left\right fairing, gauges, etc...

100_0775.jpg

From memory and I'm an old man, well not quite as old as Ba Busa, but back on topic.

Remove both mirrors by pulling back on the rubber exterior near the base and exposing the nuts or screws. My '06 had nuts, two on each side. Remove the push pins so the interior pieces near the instrument panel are separated from the nose, pull out gently near the mirrors so the nose will clear the mirror mounts and ease the nose forward. When you get it off a bit you'll need to reach in and disconnect wiring or a wiring connector. Purely from memory. I'm going off to do a search now. Several years ago HeavyBusa did a step by step with pix.

Back