Right hand buzzing

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
It has been a couple of years since I sold my Katana, and the Busa is very comfortable, but my right hand keeps buzzing and falling asleep. Do they make different bar ends that could help? I have padded gloves and left hand does not have this problem. I stretch my forearms and tendons prior to riding and do not death grip the throttle. Anyone else have this problem or can offer some tips to alleviate this? I apologize if this has been covered, I couldnt find anything in the search.

Sound like you're putting too much of your weight on your wrist. Try elevating your riding position with a set of reaper riser,gemnar riser and use your stomach,knees for additional support or try resting your left forearm (elbow) on the gas tank to hold you upper body up whenever possible . Or you can make you own like myself and other by stacking a couple of washer, placing them under the tripple tree.

Reaper

or
Genmar Risers

When your just cruising (that means on a Highway) try just letting you fingers cover the brake levers and put very little pressure on the bars. I know for me, that changed alot in comfort over long periods of riding  
beerchug.gif

(Rhythm @ Sep. 02 2007,17:27) Sound like you're putting too much of your weight on your wrist. Try elevating your riding position with a set of reaper riser,gemnar riser and use your stomach,knees for additional support or try resting your left forearm (elbow) on the gas tank to hold you upper body up whenever possible . Or you can make you own like myself and other by stacking a couple of washer, placing them under the tripple tree.

Reaper

or
Genmar Risers
+1
wink.gif

someone said nice gloves work. ...I'm still looking......I don't death grip either and ride different ways also....and it only happens on long highway rides

i put on a vista cruise throttle control on mine and it works wonders and if u have the money u can get the throttlemeister for like 120 plus shipping, vista cost me 25 bucks total
beerchug.gif

vista_cruise.jpg

Try not putting so much weight on your hands. The Palmar nerve runs across your palm and then branches off to your fingers. Too much pressure on this nerve can cause numbness and other problems. Look for some padded gloves also.

The stock bar ends are pretty heavy and do a good job at keeping the vibrations down.
If you have a high frequency "buzzing" in the handle bars that's causing your hand to ache, you probably need your throttle bodies synched.

Good ideas guys, thanks for the tips. I had the bike serviced before I brought it home and the mechanic check the TB's. I will try to find some better gloves and adjust my riding position.

Another thought, carbon fiber bars-dampen out more vibration than metal and even lighter. Hmmm, would negate the weight savings but I think CF bars filled with lead shot would be the ultimate dampening device!!
wink.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Back