Riding with Chrome grips?

I thought I was done with my winter mods, and you just had to bring this up! lol
My stock grips are looking worse the more I read the posts on grips.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love mine,.. I've had these on my bike for 4 years!

Busa 1.JPG

I've used both. Experienced the slight vibration/rattle. Slight adjustments to eliminate the vibration rattle. Not as comfortable as rubber but looks real nice!!

I left the plastic throttle sleeve on in the bottom picture and paited both sides black. Then it started to chip a little so I took the paint off (top picture) and installed the aluminum throttle sleeve.

I had a good friend paint the dash panels or the duct covers. What a difference they made! although, quite a bit of money. Filling in the coarse sanding and shooting with clear coat. Looks really good though.

Aluminum looks way better....thought it was white at first.. The black would look better with black accented grips. I also have a black bike and am having trouble deciding which way to go with the grips....
What ever you paid to have those covers painted was definitly worth it!!!! Man does that look nice!

I have a good auto body guy that was willing to do it for about 100 less.

I wont paint them again. Paint chips and peels unless its done the right way. Learning experience.
If I had the choice for comfort I would go with rubber but since my bike is more of a show bike I deal with the uncomfortable and shiney. ??????

To fix the vibration I taped a piece of rubber at the end of the grip where you cant see at the cone end of the grip. AHH Haa.

Back