Chrome Switch Housing install

Xavius

Registered
Hey Org,

I got an 06', im blinging her up a lil bit here pretty soon, first mod i plan to do is chrome switch housings and chrome grips. I've havent done many mods to my Busa, but thats about to change. I guess if i break something what the hell.... its mine. I got the housings, grips as well as gauge cover, frame covers, chrome upper triple tree, scorpio sr i900 alarm etc etc...
looking for advice on the switch housing. any words of wisdom i.e., "hey you'll need this" or "make sure you dont do that" would be helpful:please: and decrease my nerves a hundred times about messing up my baby. Thanks in advance, as soon as i get going i'll post pics and let yall know what troubles if any i encounter.:please:

Make sure whatever housings you look at, have the same switches that you have now!

Thanks GixerHP, those are actually the ones i got from raoring toyz, so im pretty sure i got the right ones. we'll see. I've already bought all my parts... mirrrors, scorpio sr-i900 Alarm, chrome frame covers, frame plugs, 240 swingarm kit, chrome upper triple tree, chrome gas cap, chrome gauge cover, switch housings, grips, bar ends, and a few more. the parts are all here on the bed. It's been a long Alaska winter. now its time to assemble. im starting with the switch housings and grips. it's just a little scary, i'll do what i can and the rest i'll have to pay someone, while i watch. but i want to do as much as i can myself. i need advice from someone, anyone, HELL EVERYONE thats done this stuff before. so i can can screw up as little as possible. :please:

yes i just got them about 2/15/12 the rest of the stuff is here in the last month or two and a few things are still on the way...tracking numbers are great!

I'm not very mechanically inclined either but the housings were one of the easiest mods. Just be careful with the brake lines and its as easy as 3-5-7

Good to know that they were easy, hope mine turn out the same. heard some horror stories about when they go wrong, with stuff shorting out, bike not starting etc etc. Thanks 808
~on the square:coolcool:

my bike is going to paint next week :cheerleader:...if you don't mind, where did you buy the chrome frame covers, chrome gas cap, chrome gauge cover and switch housings?
PM me the cost, if you dont wanta air it out. thanks:laugh:

once you take yours off take a picture of the inside just incase you need to ref. when you install the new ones.

Back