riding shoes...

yea its definately a trade-off with protection vs. comfort and breathability. u dont really see the reflective stripe with ur pants over them but from the side at nite they are quite visible so u dont get tboned.

but yea I hear ya on the stripe, it just looks odd. once u have em on u only notice how lightweight and comfortable they are. my feat sweat really bad and thats annoying to me. they have more protection then u think but obviously not as much protection as some others out there but the more protection u have the less breathable and comfortable they usually are.

if ur that close then yea definately go try a few on. that would be ur best bet. wasnt an option for me obviously. post up wat others u liked cause id like to buy a second pair of riding
shoes. GL

not a problem im trying them and ill post the links for some others im going to try
Shift Fuel Street Shoes Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com
Speed and Strength Moment of Truth Moto Shoes from SportbikeTrackGear.com
Alpinestars Fastlane Shoes Black/Yellow from SportbikeTrackGear.com

the fastlanes are pretty sweet. I went back and forth between those two and just thought the ones I bought had a little more protection but when u look at them up close thats really not so. they look lightweight and comfortable to.

id really lik some feedback on those

the fastlanes are pretty sweet. I went back and forth between those two and just thought the ones I bought had a little more protection but when u look at them up close thats really not so. they look lightweight and comfortable to.

id really lik some feedback on those

my dad and i are talking about making a trip down there he wants a new set of gloves and has weird shaped hands just like me huge hands kinda short thumbs lol and i want to try on shoei and icon helmets and pick up shoes and gloves... i want a shoei but with everything else i dont think i can afford it i lost some weight and my helmet feels loose and it started feeling that way at the end of last season

i read that these were a pain to lace up and they didnt have any heel protection... any comments on that?

Laces are not too bad. They have some kind of speed lace system unf the flaps. The flaps are velcro.
For the price they are good.

Laces are not too bad. They have some kind of speed lace system unf the flaps. The flaps are velcro.
For the price they are good.

alright i will look into those some more... someone had commented that the flap and lacing were a pain so nice to actually talk to someone who owns them and hear otherwise

The first ones ( Icon Super Duty 4 Boots) is what I use for daily commuting. They are comfortable, kinda like wearing a pair of timberlands. Look good with your casual clothes.... I love them

They come in Black, Brown and Wheat...

I read some reviews about lace loops breaking... I haven't had one problem with them. I wear them from time to time when Im not on my bike. No complaints....

And those sexy boots in the second pic are the Sidi Vortice Air Boots.... Those are for the twisties....:laugh:

I know... I know...

Im sorry my big legged friend... Just had to throw those in there too....:laugh:.... Awesome...aint they...:whistle:

You can kick my arse if you ever make it down to TX or I decide to take another trip up north... Until then you just have to take it....:rofl:

2010-Icon-Super-Duty-4-Boots-Black.jpg

2009_Sidi_Vortice_Air_Boots.jpg

I know the feeling on the big Feet/Legs I am 6'6" 350 pounds! It get annoying trying to find stuff to fit!!!! Good luck keeps us updated!!!

The first ones ( Icon Super Duty 4 Boots) is what I use for daily commuting. They are comfortable, kinda like wearing a pair of timberlands. Look good with your casual clothes.... I love them

They come in Black, Brown and Wheat...

I read some reviews about lace loops breaking... I haven't had one problem with them. I wear them from time to time when Im not on my bike. No complaints....

And those sexy boots in the second pic are the Sidi Vortice Air Boots.... Those are for the twisties....:laugh:

I know... I know...

Im sorry my big legged friend... Just had to throw those in there too....:laugh:.... Awesome...aint they...:whistle:

You can kick my arse if you ever make it down to TX or I decide to take another trip up north... Until then you just have to take it....:rofl:

lmfao oh your going to get it you lanky bastage lol

went and tried on a couple pairs today and picked up a new pair of gloves and figured out that im buying an arai helmet next winter its the most amazing fitting helmet ever haha... but yeah the shift shoes that are on clearance are light but they are just a thick walled pair of shoes with a hard sole... not a fan

went and tried on a couple pairs today and picked up a new pair of gloves and figured out that im buying an arai helmet next winter its the most amazing fitting helmet ever haha... but yeah the shift shoes that are on clearance are light but they are just a thick walled pair of shoes with a hard sole... not a fan
what hemets have u had to compare the Arai against? I really like the Arai helmet and would have surely bought one if the transitions lens was available for it. I ended up buying the Bell Star carbon but really like the Arai

I agree with you on the shift shoes. They did not impress me at all for protection. I sent them back.
Now my new Sidi Apex boots are great.. but the $250 for them hurt my wallet.

I agree with you on the shift shoes. They did not impress me at all for protection. I sent them back.
Now my new Sidi Apex boots are great.. but the $250 for them hurt my wallet.

i think im getting a pair of sidi blades when i can afford them

Last season i used the Shift Fuel shoes. There pretty good and moderately comfortable for all day use. I will tell you though these new Sidi Vertigo boots are mountains ahead in comfort and protection.

I had a pair of the Speed and Strength Moment of Truth Moto Shoes. The looked good and were very comfortable. BUT they were junk. Screws started falling off, elastic was breaking after about 3 months. The quality was so bad, I will never buy a speed and strength product again, and I really like some of there stuff.

I had a pair of the Speed and Strength Moment of Truth Moto Shoes. The looked good and were very comfortable. BUT they were junk. Screws started falling off, elastic was breaking after about 3 months. The quality was so bad, I will never buy a speed and strength product again, and I really like some of there stuff.

i have one of their leather jackets and with the exception of the strings on the zippers falling off its great

Back