riding shoes, any recommendations?

If the slippers don't say CORONA Beer on them they are knock offs don't wear them !

But seriously , I wear SIDI's very nice and every part on them is replaceable.

I bought the Shift Racing Fuel Riding Shoes, in white. I got them in white, and they are very comfortable, esp. walking around in stores, after a ride.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/13094/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.aspx

I also wanted something in black. So I decided to take advantage of the safety shoes that are required for me to wear, when at work. Employees can pick any safety shoes they like, as long as they are "safety" toed. Not "motorcycle" shoes, but I think they fit the bill. So I picked these:

Men's Converse Composite Toe Work Boot C4555: STEEL TOE SHOES

I can ride to work, with them on, and don't have to change them, when I get there (but I still will, to keep them looking fresh) :laugh:

Here's a nice pair of riding shoes. Zip, velcro, done! Faster to put on than most footwear and will protect you better than any sneaker. :)

2010-Sidi-Fusion-Boot-Black.jpg

:beerchug:

Here's a nice pair of riding shoes. Zip, velcro, done! Faster to put on than most footwear and will protect you better than any sneaker. :)

2010-Sidi-Fusion-Boot-Black.jpg

:beerchug:

And here's what they look like after 6 years of use... Not too shabby!

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

uploadfromtaptalk1307118851629.jpg

I had been wearing Sidi's for a long time and am happy with my Sidi Doha's. Not much arch support but are comfortable to wear all day long.

I've got a pair of Joe Rocket Half calf boots that are quite comfortable for when I ride in jeans. Very comfortable, and you can stand in them.

453_Meteor_boot300.jpg

I've got a pair of Joe Rocket Half calf boots that are quite comfortable for when I ride in jeans. Very comfortable, and you can stand in them.
Oooh, I like those Hectic. 2 questions if I may: (a) How is the protection, and (b) Are the sizes pretty standard (ie: do they tend to be larger or smaller than normal)?

Cheers.

well, after doing some research on sidi, i decided to give them a shot. Saw the alpinestar's at iron pony and i have always been a big fan of alpinestars so i bought the smx1 without giving much thought into it. I tried on the sidi blade when i was looking at shoes, and didn't pick that one basically bc it was pretty pricey. They do fit a little better on my foot, so i returned the alpinestar's and bought the sidi's.http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=18457

never really heard of sidi gear until i posted this thread. Normally i will only buy alpinestar, icon, or shoei. Hopefully the new sidi shoes are comfortable and last me a while, also providing good protection of course:laugh:

I have 3 pairs of Sidi's. One of them is the Blade.

They are the most excellent boot/shoe/footwear I've ever had on or off the bike. I can ride around in my Sidi's all day and walk around all evening and never think about it.

Congrats on a great purchase. They will last a very long time.

thanks for the support! Good to know they make a great product and i will (hopefully lol) be extremely happy with them. Doesn't bother me at all if i pay crazy prices for stuff if i know it is top of the line, especially riding gear. Hell, i would probably pay $500 for a pair of riding shoes/boots if u guys on here told me "they're the best u can buy, everybody on this board is wearing them":rofl:

Oooh, I like those Hectic. 2 questions if I may: (a) How is the protection, and (b) Are the sizes pretty standard (ie: do they tend to be larger or smaller than normal)?

Cheers.

So far the protection seems to be quite good. They're not too stiff, I think I actually wore them to a party once having forgotten to change my shoes. However, when you're in the seat they feel even better. Shifting and braking is effortless, and there's even a little rubber pad of the left toe so you don't scuff the boot. The ones in the pic do look a lot nicer than mine, in my opinion. I've got a nice set of AVG race boots that I'd trust 10x more if I was doing something I'd want knee pucks for, but for casual riding, I love them.

I think they run a little large for sizing, I wear an 11.5 normally, but the 11's fit me perfectly.

The nicest thing in my opinion is how well they've worn. I've had them since '07 and they feel like they're just broken in. They don't have any cracks in the material, the Velcro is just great, no stitches pulled, and the replaceable toe slider gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you need to change them.

IMG_0470[1].jpg

IMG_0468[1].jpg

Back