riding shoes, any recommendations?

hemi

Registered
any of u guys know of a decent pair of tennis shoes/riding shoes that are comfortable to shift and such? Love my icon boots, but sometimes when i'm just puttin around or a quick trip to the gas station, it's a pain lacin up my boots just to shoot down the street. I hate riding in my tennis shoes though, bc the toes are mesh and it's basically like shifting with my big toe. Almost like i need a pair of steel toe tennis shoes

I have used these for about 15,000 miles and love them. They also look semi normal when you are not on the bike. Easy on and off as well :)
Octane Shoe - Alpinestars Official Store

-Morrison

Do you have black or white?
I like the white but I'm afraid they are going to get really dirty/discolor like my Sidi Vortice's did. They have an almost yellow hue to them now...
I'm an anal retentive clean freak and don't know what I did or didn't do correctly to keep them white.

I have the Icon Field Armors:

320x320-FULL.jpg

They are very comfortable, offer a lot of support, and have a side zipper so they come on and off quick! Love Em!

Just put your boots on. The extra time it takes to do so will be greatly appreciated by your ankles should you ever crash.
I always rode with sneakers and regular jeans until I came here. Dirt bikes sure I had all the Alpine Stars boots and stuff to go with it. Street bikes never any specific stuff. The maturity of the crowd around me here brought me to the realization that real full gear was needed. Jacket , boots, gloves and Kevlar jeans now even if it's a 95 degree south Florida day.

I have the white ones and they have discolored around the toe and some other areas. I also am kinda lazy and just kept them on when I was mowing the lawn with a push mower too so there is that...

I have a pair of Sidi Canyons. Velcro and a buckle.

They are comfortable on the bike, at work, or walking around.

Just put your boots on. The extra time it takes to do so will be greatly appreciated by your ankles should you ever crash.

+1000, those extra few seconds will prove priceless if (God forbid) you have a spill.

Might check out the alpinestar octane shoes again. Tried them on once and they felt pretty good and i really like the style of them, i was just worried with only the velcro flaps holding them closed that they wouldn't fit very snug after a lot of use. I do love alpinestars gear though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im torn...I have the short Sidi's (Streetburners) and theyre great for the quick short trip, but the bretherin advice on put the boots on is solid...but Im guilty of those short trips accesories too:whistle:
my Sidi's are HUGELY comfortable, wear well and hold up great..and you can always replace parts on them:thumbsup:

I have a pair of Icon Tarmac's second pair actually pretty happy with them. There are plenty of choices out there, I do like the Shift shoes they will probably be the next pair when these are retired.

I met a guy that didn't have a foot any longer due to a motorcycle accident - I say wear your boots, its no fun hopping around with a nub.

I always rode with sneakers and regular jeans until I came here. Dirt bikes sure I had all the Alpine Stars boots and stuff to go with it. Street bikes never any specific stuff. The maturity of the crowd around me here brought me to the realization that real full gear was needed. Jacket , boots, gloves and Kevlar jeans now even if it's a 95 degree south Florida day.

+1
ATGATT

I dont know what the % is but I hear that most crashes are 5 miles from home.

dont have anything to back that up.. but still

Back