Riding Boots

What brand Boots Do you wear?

• Total voters
I am looking into these:

alpinestars_2011_supertech_R_boots_black_vented_detail_1_600.jpg

And I'll tell you why. I have Sidi's and I love them. However, if you notice all the plastic knobs on the inside of the ankle? Well, That plastic knob scuffs my Busa plastics on the side cover really badly. I have covered them with tape but it still scuffs. And on my trackbike, I have hung parts of the boot on the rearsets at inopportune moments.

These Astars are smooth on the inside...nothing to scuff, nothing to hang...

I just bought a pair of S-MX Plus from CycleGear. $230 shipped, no tax. They're the 2010 model year. There is a new version of the S-MX Plus, but the new ones are lighter, didn't feel as protected, so I opted for the clearance model.

s-ms_plus.jpg

I wear Sidis (can't remember which ones) that are waterproof. I wear them every time I ride. I find my shifting is much smoother when I wear these as appossed to my work boots and I know my feet stand a chance if I get off.

Donn, if you want to see my Astars, they came in last week. Gonna get tested this very next weekend at Barber

I have 4 bikes and use different boots for all. but I ware boots period. always want to be safe for the unmentionable....oye

I have Sidi now, but had Dainese before I destroyed one on the track. The Dainese were much nicer, easier to put on and much more comfy.

i have the sidi b2's and the sizing and comfort is pretty good. i wear them all the time when i ride geared up head to toe all year long. :whistle:

sidi boots.jpg

I wear black waterproof Alpinestars SMX-5's.

I would post a pic, but meh, just took pics of all my other gear and I'm feeling lazy now. :p

skydivr said:
I am looking into these:

And I'll tell you why. I have Sidi's and I love them. However, if you notice all the plastic knobs on the inside of the ankle? Well, That plastic knob scuffs my Busa plastics on the side cover really badly. I have covered them with tape but it still scuffs. And on my trackbike, I have hung parts of the boot on the rearsets at inopportune moments.

These Astars are smooth on the inside...nothing to scuff, nothing to hang...

I went down STG last weekend and got gloves and tried these on. There are super comfy I could probably do a 12hr shift at work wearing them. I like the mobility that they have and like you said nothing on the outside to catch on the bike. I will hopefully have them in the next month so I can do a track day. Also the guy said they run a little on the big side. He normally wears an 11 and had to get them in a 10 to fit right.

My current boots are Icon Chucka's, but they're about shot now so I'm in search mode:Looking_anim:

I have an ICON Field Armor (sz 11) and Joe Rocket Big Bang (sz 9 US/42 Euro) boots for sale......guaranteed very gently used and more importantly, CLEAN AND ODOR-FREE :) I can send pics if you're interested. Stock photos below:

FieldArmorBoot.jpg
JRBANGB.jpg

I've got a pair of Dainese Axial Pro-In boots. I LOVE THEM!!!

No break-in whatsoever. Incredibly comfortable. Sometimes when I'm too lazy to bring my work boots, I'll just wear them all day! And they are just jam-packed with a bunch of carbon fiber goodness.

ab1c6fdd.jpg

But, they did cost $500 :dontgetit:

Here are my Alpinestars... I love em, maybe not as hi end as the Sidi's but they are ohhhh so comfortable. If you ride all track I think the Sidi's are probably a heck of a deal but if you ride touring your feet might get a little fatigued.

View attachment 237792

Thanks to a post here at the oRg mine should be here tomorrow $115 to the door Jun 5, 2012 9:13 PM Departed FedEx location KENNESAW, GA

Back