Worth Buying Boots

Riding boots are worth it, think of your shins if nothing else! Shin protection may only be leather, padding and hard plastic, but it makes a huge difference! I've seen regular shoes/boots knocked off feet in a crash, if a riding boot comes off, chances are your leg is in it:laugh:
Motocross boots are not good because the sole is not meant to flex. Most have a shank that runs the length of the sole. Reason being, you don't want your feet to flex downward over the pegs landing big jumps. And dirt is more forgiving to their latches than pavement.
As for street riding boots being hot, it depends on the brand. My Joe Rockets(like most brands) don't clamp tight around your leg all the way up. It gives you some movement and allows air to ciculate in them. My feet aren't hot in them even on the hottest of days.

Thanks for all your input. I am convinced after u guys and also other research. Time to read all the boot reviews :).

As mentioned above, most boots are European sizes so it's worth trying them on first if you can, if not, be very clear on the store's return/exchange policy. They also tend to run a little narrow, too, so you may need a size or 1/2 size up from your regular size.

Sidi B-2's for me, best investment i could make plus i think i would look kinda stupid falling over all the time with a couple of toes missing.:rofl:

These boots are boxing training shoes from a fight brand and not designed for riding, but they sure are comfortable to ride with and have a great name.
20240115_195715.jpg

Back