Rider went down

mr8ball

Registered
06+5 and a few others went out yesterday. We road to a place here called Goshen and it's a pretty curvy road. We had a young guy with an R6 and went off the road and hit a pretty BIG rock. This place where he crashed has had quite a few bad ones their in the past. Last year one guy got killed. May he RIP. We think the guy broke his collar bone. They took him to the HP and I have not heard how he is doing. Here are a few pics.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

hate to hear about a rider going down! hope he recovers quickly :beerchug:

Nice pics 8ball. Talked to him lastnight and he is doing fine but did in fact break his collar bone. I felt so bad for him his first time there and that happened, but could have been alot worse. Thank goodness somebody was watching over him that day.

Thanks to all and i will pass it on. Thanks again this site is great for EVERYTHING from info to sharing everybody ealses sorrow even if its a rider on anything from a harley to a busa. Thanks again all:bowdown:

We had a Harley group ride yesterday; close to 50 riders and one guy (Jeff) went down. The ride captain was pushing the curves a bit, Jeff ran off the road, wrecked, unconscius, but recovered later and limped his bike home.

It is really important for everyone to know that group rides are more dangerous, because those who don't have the skills will want to try and keep up, it's human not to stay behind, even if spoken to.

If I lead a group, I always split it into two, let the experienced riders have their fun and I do the grandpa ride with inexperienced riders behind me, catching up at some designated spots. Other's safety is more important to me than having my own fun.

006_edited-1.jpg

Whenever i have gotten into an accident it has always been in fall at the end of riding season a week or two before i put my bike away for the winter.

whenever i have got in a accident on my bike it was while i was sleeping...seriously...im not kidding....dead asleep.....

Thanks all. I here he is doing better. I had my wife on the back with me and was trying to keep up but it was just to hard so I backed off. Glad I did now. When I came up on him he was staggering trying to get up and I got so fixed on him I almost went off the road myself. I thought he was going to fall down in front of me. Anyway Tomorrow is another day and we all made it home safe. Scared the H out of my wife so I need to take it easy from now own. Thanks again for all the support

Back