Ride In The Country (w/pics)

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Finally warmed up during the middle of the day so I and a couple of friends went for a ride down through tourist country. Took a few pictures while we were out. Hillbilly country..

The old Reuter post office. Actually still a functioning post office..
BusaRide10-19-08006.jpg

That way goes to the Peel Ferry and Arkansas..
BusaRide10-19-08010.jpg

Leaves are starting to change..
BusaRide10-19-08026.jpg

Close up of the "Y" bridge. Open only for foot traffic now, used to be the only way across the river. I've seen it completely covered by the river during floods.
BusaRide10-19-08031.jpg

There's a whole town up there in the trees, that's a church steeple in the midst. Place is called Galena, I grew up there.
BusaRide10-19-08025.jpg

The other way, up the river. Last weekend it was full of trucks, trailers, and motorhomes for a huge motocross race held here every year..
BusaRide10-19-08018.jpg

Last one. This is the "Sugartree Hollow BBQ", they have some of the best smoked, pulled pork and brisket baked beans I've had in a long time. Potatoe salad and Cole Slaw are top notch too. Have to jack the spring pre-load up on the bike when I leave here, 'buuurp'. Very motorcycle friendly place too.
BusaRide10-19-08014.jpg

Was a good day for a 175 mile ride.:thumbsup:
Tom

Nice country side,:thumbsup: Nice pics,:thumbsup: :poke: Next time we need to see a little more of that Beautifull Blue Busa, I havent seen to many of the Solid Blue ones around. If you have a closer pic of it I wouldnt mind seeing it. :beerchug:

Finally warmed up during the middle of the day so I and a couple of friends went for a ride down through tourist country. Took a few pictures while we were out. Hillbilly country..

The old Reuter post office. Actually still a functioning post office..
BusaRide10-19-08006.jpg

That way goes to the Peel Ferry and Arkansas..
BusaRide10-19-08010.jpg

Leaves are starting to change..
BusaRide10-19-08026.jpg

Close up of the "Y" bridge. Open only for foot traffic now, used to be the only way across the river. I've seen it completely covered by the river during floods.
BusaRide10-19-08031.jpg

There's a whole town up there in the trees, that's a church steeple in the midst. Place is called Galena, I grew up there.
BusaRide10-19-08025.jpg

The other way, up the river. Last weekend it was full of trucks, trailers, and motorhomes for a huge motocross race held here every year..
BusaRide10-19-08018.jpg

Last one. This is the "Sugartree Hollow BBQ", they have some of the best smoked, pulled pork and brisket baked beans I've had in a long time. Potatoe salad and Cole Slaw are top notch too. Have to jack the spring pre-load up on the bike when I leave here, 'buuurp'. Very motorcycle friendly place too.
BusaRide10-19-08014.jpg

Was a good day for a 175 mile ride.:thumbsup:
Tom

Truly gorgeous pics. 175 mi would seem like nothing with scenery that beautiful. thanx for sharin'

Back