Ride in the Colorado Rockies (w/ pics)

Falcon Wing

Registered
Finally had a weekend that was not too cold and NO rain, so I was able to take the 05 on the longest ride I have taken yet, 250miles. I rode from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista for breakfast at the EverGreen Cafe....they have the BEST Huevos Rancheros I have ever had. After that, I stopped at Bongo Billy's coffee shop for a "Milky Way" double latte'.
I am impressed at how well the Busa handled the whole ride which was 100% on hwy 24. Lots of up and downs and curves.... I have done this ride loads of times on the Goldwing, but this is the first on the Busa. There is a 10 mile stretch of road between Wilkerson pass and Harstel, Co that is very straight and I managed to hit high triple digits (early morning...NO other traffic!) which was good fun. :laugh: I kept it around the speed limit for the majority of the ride though and managed to get 50 mpg! (Wing last weekend got 43mpg on same ride, 2 up).
The Corbin seat was a butt saver, but I would like to have a throttle lock...

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT scenery! Glad to hear that your riding season is finally in full swing (as is our's here in No. Nevada).:thumbsup:

I just checked milage via the odo and gallons used (receipt from gas station). When I filled up I used 3.441 gallons and had traveled 196 miles = 56.96 MPG instead of the 50.0 mpg the cpu said!

Have you all found the computer to be that far off??

Falcon Wing, its not that the computer is THAT far off, its just that the engineers at Suzuki didn't expect you to baby it that much! :)
The computer doesn't read above 50.0 mpg!

Great mileage though

Falcon Wing, its not that the computer is THAT far off, its just that the engineers at Suzuki didn't expect you to baby it that much! :)
The computer doesn't read above 50.0 mpg!

Great mileage though

I could have sworn that I have seen it read 53 before??

I do baby it, but that = going the speed limit 99.9% of the time.

My uncle once said "Drive as fast as you can afford."

Mine also got 50 mpg while riding the Rockies. Stock gearing. 50 is as far as the guage reads. I have never seen 50 mpg outside of high altitude riding.

Back