Colorado Rides

CalgaryBusa

Registered
I am travelling down to Colorado for the first 2 weeks of Sept. and I am bringing the Busa. I was wondering if anyone from Colorado (Colorado Springs area) can tell me of any good rides in or around the area. There will be 7 of us all together. (Not all on busas) Any good twisties or rides with views worth seeing.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

CB

Are you staying down in the Springs?  If so one nice ride is I-25 south to Colorado City (HWY165) go west and it will take you through some nice mountains & past a landmark called Bishops Castle Castle.  From there HWY 165 dumps onto HWY67 that if you head west takes you to Westcliff and HWY69. From there head NW to TexasCreek HWY 50.  HWY 50 is a fun ride both west & east from there... so depending on where you're staying & how long you want to be out riding you've got lots of options...  
biggrin.gif

If you can get over to my site, I've mapped and taken pics of the local rides I've been on in the area. One of them might help you with routes and ideas.

http://www.schelin.org

Look at the single day rides for the past 18 months. The multiple day ones are usually out of state and we moved here last April.

Enjoy!

Carl

For the best scenery head up to Boulder like mentioned before. Just head up Boulder Canyon. It's a nice set of twisties, well maintained and not too high on altitude too quick so you won't get dizzy all of a sudden.

If you have nothing but time, head up I-70 towards Aspen, it's a major highway but it's very busa-friendly, nice long stretches and gentle curves, beware the highway patrol tho.

Back