Revamping the turbo schoolbusa (ole yeller)

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Sadly, she has been neglected for a fair bit, I pulled the harness off the bike 1.5 years ago to use my bike as a template for a full custom from scratch MaxxRace for a gen1 busa for a customer, and never put it back. I have owned it since new, bought in October of 2000 as a blue/silver. I sold it and bought back about 11 years ago (only away for a couple of months).

But I am doing some updates, re-polishing some stuff, cleaning injectors, new fuel lines.

Originally built back 100 years ago, more specifically in 2005 LOL. At the time the kit was called a stage 2 super street. Triple K K27 54-10 turbo, McXpress air-air intercooler, dump pipes and full pipe, secondary RC 650cc upper injectors with microtec fuel controller w/3 bar map sensor, bosch 044 fuel pump, Tial blowoff and 38mm external wastegate, ams500 boost control triggered for gear based operation by a custom healtech gear indicator with low level programmable gear based outputs. Back in 2005 she made 461 at the tire with all of the boost. 325 ish on pump premium.

Current plan (subject to change on a whim), install new e85 safe fuel lines that arent all dried out, cleaned primary/secondary injectors, repolish dull pitted stuff, add ethanol content sensor to run pump e85 (and mixtures of it and premium if needed), rewrap full pipe with new header wrap, add maxxecu sport (I know a guy who does those as plug and play), add digital dash (know a guy for that too), eliminate microtec fuel controller, eliminate gear indicator and ams500, and do it all with maxxecu sport, add quick shifter (maybe air shifter too not 100%), wire in rolling antilag button (maybe gen3 hand controls, maybe auxillary button, maybe flash2pass cant decide, wire in boost table selector for different selectable boost maps (can also use ethanol content directly to do this), new tires (they look new but are 11 ish years old).

Some of the crusty stuff to be repolished

20230524_120653.jpg

20230524_135631.jpg

20230524_143042.jpg

For my maxxecu sport, I think im going to try these new male mating connectors I recently found, and skip using my ecu adapter box. I like using the adapter as I break out 12v, gbd, sensor ground, 5v in a bunch of places making it easier to wire in auxillary stuff, but this will let me get the ecu under the seat completely, minus the ignitor

Some thing along these lines

20230531_181732.jpg

Im wiring this one for a 2001 gsxr1000 that has same ecu connectors as gen1 busa

He has more room underseat with his subframe I think so sorta tight sitting on my bike but it clears

20230602_164957.jpg

20230602_201559.jpg

Back