Resting on your tank bag

Dogface

Registered
I think I want my new tank bag to be either magnetic or mounted on a ring, i.e. no straps.
I know I want to lean my arms/chest on it during those long hauls.
Does that mean I should rule out ring-mounted?
Or are some of them designed to take the extra weight?

I been looking to get another tank bag, I also dont like the strap ones anymore, but haven't hear of ring mounts. I might have to look around to see what's that all about

This is my latest tankbag purchase. Used it on my recent tour and it works perfectly. Stays put below 135 mph. It moved a bit when I was racing a C8 Corvette but would never fly off. Resting on it would be no problem.

IMG_3035.jpg

I have a Gen 3 and use a Ring Mounted style because front half of tank is fiberglass cover. No issues leaning on tankbag cruising down the highway.

I have a weird thing going on. I have the Viking Bags magnetic tank bag and I mostly rest my chest on the tank bag on the long hauls now I feel that the tank bag is slipping towards the handle and I have that abysmal feeling that it will disrupt my handlebar movement. I have recently put some wrap on the tank would it be something to do with the wrap or simply the magnetic power is wearing out? How can I test it for sure?

I have a weird thing going on. I have the Viking Bags magnetic tank bag and I mostly rest my chest on the tank bag on the long hauls now I feel that the tank bag is slipping towards the handle and I have that abysmal feeling that it will disrupt my handlebar movement. I have recently put some wrap on the tank would it be something to do with the wrap or simply the magnetic power is wearing out? How can I test it for sure?

The magnet isn't "wearing out".
If you just had the tank wrapped, now there is a layer of vinyl between the tank and the magnet...so the magnet's ability to stick has been diminished.

Back