Repsol's tranny advantage

2hip

Registered
In the August edition of SportRider magazine pg 76 begins an article on Honda's MotoGP clutch redesign. It is possibly their greatest innovation after their long sleeper. This article is such a well written article and wide ranging with the insights to how Rossi helped develop Honda into a premier racer when he was there and started winning championships on it.
After Rossi left for Yamaha the brass felt he was replaceable. Per quote from article, "At the time, senior Honda officials barely lamented the loss of the world champion, believing their motorcycle was so strong that they could just plug in another rider. Such hubris would be their downfall."
The article goes on to state that Pedrosa..an excellent rider lacked the skills that Rossi had to develop the Honda brand and languished the Honda brand. Rossi has stated in this article that the new Honda tranny is smoother and allows the Honda Repsols to acclerated harder without upsetting the bike's traction..."accleration is very stable..close to M1 , but with horsepower." Ben Spies, states, "the bike's fast. They look like they fixed some of the stability issues and it acclerates hard and it's smooth on the gear change. It's doing everything good."
Nakamoto, head of HRC Motogp development...says the brake issues are not fixed yet..but better.
Honda's tranny.."a multi-stage transmission there are no shift forks, and there is no lateral movment of the gearwheels. Instead of using dogs cast into the gears to lock them to the countershaft, the Honda setup uses a series of cam-type rods that slide back and forth inside the countershaft itself." "So, this means that there is no power cut needed, power is continously transmitted, and no clutch actuation is necessary." All of us can understand what that means in racing...it is freaking giant advantage for the racer. I was there...I saw the Honda's...they were just so clean..As the yamahas would acclerate out of 4 down the straight to turn 5 you could hear the quick shift cutting power to the engines...the Respsol just had that hair raising scream of high reving MotoGp orgasmic shrill ...no cutouts...

Repsol have always had a slight edge I love Honda the just need something bigger cc to compare with are beast. The cbrxx was a joke a hundred pounds heavier than the fireblade with only a slight more horsepower. Maybe one day they'll come out with something until then ill love my king of the road
Posted via Mobile Device

In the August edition of SportRider magazine pg 76 begins an article on Honda's MotoGP clutch redesign. It is possibly their greatest innovation after their long sleeper. This article is such a well written article and wide ranging with the insights to how Rossi helped develop Honda into a premier racer when he was there and started winning championships on it.
After Rossi left for Yamaha the brass felt he was replaceable. Per quote from article, "At the time, senior Honda officials barely lamented the loss of the world champion, believing their motorcycle was so strong that they could just plug in another rider. Such hubris would be their downfall."
The article goes on to state that Pedrosa..an excellent rider lacked the skills that Rossi had to develop the Honda brand and languished the Honda brand. Rossi has stated in this article that the new Honda tranny is smoother and allows the Honda Repsols to acclerated harder without upsetting the bike's traction..."accleration is very stable..close to M1 , but with horsepower." Ben Spies, states, "the bike's fast. They look like they fixed some of the stability issues and it acclerates hard and it's smooth on the gear change. It's doing everything good."
Nakamoto, head of HRC Motogp development...says the brake issues are not fixed yet..but better.
Honda's tranny.."a multi-stage transmission there are no shift forks, and there is no lateral movment of the gearwheels. Instead of using dogs cast into the gears to lock them to the countershaft, the Honda setup uses a series of cam-type rods that slide back and forth inside the countershaft itself." "So, this means that there is no power cut needed, power is continously transmitted, and no clutch actuation is necessary." All of us can understand what that means in racing...it is freaking giant advantage for the racer. I was there...I saw the Honda's...they were just so clean..As the yamahas would acclerate out of 4 down the straight to turn 5 you could hear the quick shift cutting power to the engines...the Respsol just had that hair raising scream of high reving MotoGp orgasmic shrill ...no cutouts...

Honda was accused early in the season by the other teams of having a Dual Clutch Tranny, which is illegal per MGP rules. Honda said no it's a quick change tranny, it passes tech and were not saying anything else, except it shifts freakin' fast. :laugh:,

I like the DCT setup though, think about how friggin fast you could shift a busa, what with no clutch lever and all. But then it would be lop sided ???

Not sure a dual clutch will work for a bike like the busa. Essentially the DCT is to 1/2 clutches so a busa's muscle might eat that alive.

I love my Repsol, nothing quite like it that I have rode. My Busa is sweet too though!

6-20-2010 006.jpg

6-20-2010 010.jpg

busa and rep. 004.jpg

busa and rep. 001.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

The repsol is a 2009, I bought it new 2 years ago. The last pic is when I first brought it home and also before I put the stickers on it. Today it looks as good as it did then, I take very good care of it and only ride it in the mountains, about 8000 on the odo. It's an incredible bike, not too comfortable, but will do everything else extremely well. For cruising and around my home I usually ride the Busa. I have a goldwing too, it's my old man bike, basically a 2 wheeled honda accord for family rides, although my wife loves to ride on the Busa too. Not the repsol though, I took the passenger pegs off of it anyway..

No it's not,
But I have never rode a RC212v, have you?
And I can't ride like Stoner, can you?
And it didn't cost 500000.00
And your point is?:poke::poke:

No it's not,

The point is that your Repsol does not have the transmission that ia being discussed.
Posted via Mobile Device

No it's not,

Uhm..... It ain't no RC212V?

Your Repsol is quite like a CBR, inline four, CBR tranny.

RC212V, Vee four not a CBR tranny.

Haven't ridden one.

Haven't been on the track with Casey, so can't answer that one.

Back