The Marquez - Rossi relatioinship

This was maybe the best season ever in GP. Hard fought battles, the good riders at their best head to head, and bikes generally evenly matched. Then there this little prick Marquez who is pissed because he tried a crazy pass on Rossi and hit him at Assen, then Rossi kept the bike up right and won. Marquez's antics after that race told the story that he was a prick, refusing to accept that he was beaten by a GOAT. In the press conference he said "I know what I have to do" and gave his prick grin. It's lower than low to do what Marquez was doing, holding up Rossi so Lorenzo can get away. What this little prick doesn't get is that that was an insult to Rossi, MotoGP, all of us fans (especially those betting on the outcome), and mostly to Lorenzo who doesn't need any help to win a championship. What Rossi did was wrong, but can you blame him? This was no different than a basketball player throwing a game.

Way to turn an amazing season into a total disaster, just because you are out of it MM. If you are a MotoGP rider lining up with MM can you really count on him being a professional?

The irony here is laughable...

"What Rossi did was wrong, but can you blame him?" sums up everything pretty well IMHO fallenarch - seems Rossi fans are willing to look past Rossi stooping down to MM's level, if MM was tying Rossi up intentionally. Personally, I'd rather Rossi take the high road and not be "that guy" on the track. If he's better than MM, then be better than MM, always...

What I saw yesterday was embarrassing to the sport, period.

Vabs, I'm a huge Rossi fan, but I can't come to terms with what he did yesterday, nor can I defend it. See other thread I started...

The way it comes down to me is Rossi was IN FRONT of Marquez then slowed to "take him wide" or out as I see it.

If he was a problem, let your riding prove him wrong.

Rossi fans have bad memory recall or wear horse blinders or both to not know that Vale himself plays these games. He dug his own grave, now lie in it.

Even the announcers of the race thought VR should have had a ride through penalty, yet the officials let him take 3rd. I'm done with Rossi. I don't care if you're a MM fan or not, Rossi and his mind games and the sort are just too much for the sport.

The way it comes down to me is Rossi was IN FRONT of Marquez then slowed to "take him wide" or out as I see it.

If he was a problem, let your riding prove him wrong.

Rossi fans have bad memory recall or wear horse blinders or both to not know that Vale himself plays these games. He dug his own grave, now lie in it.

Even the announcers of the race thought VR should have had a ride through penalty, yet the officials let him take 3rd. I'm done with Rossi. I don't care if you're a MM fan or not, Rossi and his mind games and the sort are just too much for the sport.

This is where I'm too new to the sport to know the history of what Rossi's done in the past...

Is he the Dale Earnhardt of MotoGP? :hide:

Bots: MM isn't lilly white clean in this either...watch the video...after his pass, he'd check up...he poked and prodded Rossi enough that it got the best of Vale.

And I agree, Vale has done things to unnerve other riders in the past..usually just following the hell out of them waiting for them to mess up..not getting in front of them and deliberately slowing them down...

Bots: MM isn't lilly white clean in this either...watch the video...after his pass, he'd check up...he poked and prodded Rossi enough that it got the best of Vale.

And I agree, Vale has done things to unnerve other riders in the past..usually just following the hell out of them waiting for them to mess up..not getting in front of them and deliberately slowing them down...

Vale has taken plenty of riders out in his career.

Are you forgetting all the things Vale said about Marc the past few weeks in the media? If I were MM I'd do exactly what he did, whether he should have or not.

The thing Rossi SHOULD HAVE done is man the f up and out ride Marquez, which even he doesn't think he can do which only adds to his frustrations. He played right into his plan. Well, minus the crash I'm sure, LOL

Bots, I don't think Rossi's newspaper comments were the proper venue - he should have taken his concerns up with race direction. And if MM continued to check up to block for Lorenzo, then I think Race Direction should have dealt with MM...but I'm not sure if there's ANY punishment that they could levy that would hurt MM more than it hurt Rossi...

"outrun" him? That's right, MM should have passed Rossi and gone on (he could have if you saw the vids), but he chose to block and check up instead - which is equally shi**y racing...

Frankly, so far Lorenzo has clearly been faster than Rossi. MM shouldn't have gotten involved in that...

Back