Replacing the left side fairing

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
This is a continuation from the gravity check I did off the kick stand... I see lots of people replacing plastics on their Busa's, but how many are replacing the "cushions". After the drop I am replacing the left side lower fairings. (This is two pieces) In the picture are the 8 different cushions / heat shields that will need to be replaced along with the two lower cowls.

CopyofIMG_4074.jpg

9 and 10 are the two cowl pieces.

A couple more of the process:

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

I forgot to post that I would have completely missed these pieces if it were not for one of our site sponsers MRCycles! They looked over my order and called me up to say "you need these to do this right". They are the best.

Sure. PM me with what you want. I have the two left cowls, left air intake, and front nose cowl. All parts are fully servicable, but have some scuffs. No cracks or broken pieces. Also have the two stock solid rocket booster exhaust cans. Left one is scuffed, the right is mint.

At this point during the re-assembly process I really started questioning what I had done to the bike!

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

She's all back together now. What a relief to have that done!

That looks scary as hell!! I get to do the same thing in a couple of weeks. Can you transfer the cushions from the plastic to plastic? It looks like they are held in by pins or something of the sort.

I replaced all the cushions. They stick on and are not really reusable. And yes, I was quite sick working through the swap. Kind of like a big Leggo set the way this thing snaps together!

If you start putting the front plastics together and stuff doesn't quite fit check the subframe. Turns out my got slightly twisted in the fall. So I dropped the bike on the other side to even her out. :laugh:

Actually just bent it back in place. Had to eyeball it though.

Hey I'm trying to swap my left side fairings as well. I bought new OEM left side cowling and left lower cowling from bikebandit.com . It came with the two heat shields No 6&7. So I currently have No. 9, 10, 6, 7.
I can't go on with my swap because I need Nos 1,2,3,4,5,8. According to the pic above.

I tried locating the cushions on bikebandit.com and MRCycles.com. but can't find all the pieces on the diagrams. I called bikebandit and MRCycles and emailed them the pic above and pics of my New OEM Pieces and asked them help me locate the part numbers for all the heat shields / cushions that I would need but haven't heard a reply. Can any one assist me please?

Thanks

Hey I'm trying to swap my left side fairings as well. I bought new OEM left side cowling and left lower cowling from bikebandit.com . It came with the two heat shields No 6&7. So I currently have No. 9, 10, 6, 7.
I can't go on with my swap because I need Nos 1,2,3,4,5,8. According to the pic above.

I tried locating the cushions on bikebandit.com and MRCycles.com. but can't find all the pieces on the diagrams. I called bikebandit and MRCycles and emailed them the pic above and pics of my New OEM Pieces and asked them help me locate the part numbers for all the heat shields / cushions that I would need but haven't heard a reply. Can any one assist me please?

Thanks

Did it come with the side sticker already installed?

Thank you Twobrothersbusa. I found the parts onHonda East of Toledo. Their parts are labeled easier and their site is more user friendly....I will post pics with actual suzuki part numbers when I get the pieces. But for now the numbers on the diagrams are :

The inner cushions for the Left side cowling -12, 13, 15
The inner cushions for the left lower cowling - 16, 17, 18

Back