Left side Fairing Removel

LOL, this is crazy! I want my ZX14 back!!!

wee
banghead.gif
what are you thinking...

im installing my clutch mod, smaller front sprocket, oil change, and lowering links. I guess I had to learn how to work on this thing. Next time should go a little easier.

wee

If you have had the right off, the left is the same without the hidden 10mm bolt.
When all bolts and push clips are out pull out from the bottom carefully then lift up. The last rubber grommeted clip is vertical. Don't pull straight out.

If you have had the right off, the left is the same without the hidden 10mm bolt.
When all bolts and push clips are out pull out from the bottom carefully then lift up. The last rubber grommeted clip is vertical. Don't pull straight out.
I have had both sides off 3 times so far, although I never found this hidden 10 mm. bolt. dont forget the push pins in the nose wheel well.

I have had both sides off 3 times so far, although I never found this hidden 10 mm. bolt. dont forget the push pins in the nose wheel well.
IMO those push pins located there, are the most difficult.

Slide 6 and 7 https://www.hayabusa.org/08-busa/2008BusaOilChange.pps

It's not hidden if:

You have a mirror
The bike is on a lift
You are capable of squeezing your head under the bike
It was missed the first time and the fairing clip has already been broken off
banghead.gif

its much easier after installing the fairings a couple of times.

wee
Its also much easier to "break" the ridiculous unecessary fasteners that suzi shouldn't have put on anyway, and make the whole damn process easier like it shoulda been. I have no patience for this form over function BS...something CAN be designed to look good and ALSO be easy to work on for the owner
cursin.gif
No excuse in my book
rant.gif

its much easier after installing the fairings a couple of times.

wee
Its also much easier to "break" the ridiculous unecessary fasteners that suzi shouldn't have put on anyway, and make the whole damn process easier like it shoulda been. I have no patience for this form over function BS...something CAN be designed to look good and ALSO be easy to work on for the owner  
cursin.gif
 No excuse in my book  
rant.gif
+1
when i painted my windscreen i had to replace the rubber bolt because it is bad design and junk part.
maybe it is design that way so you can keep buying parts!
laugh.gif

Back