Cost To Replace Gen II Left Side Fairing?

Damages should be around $3K,not sure what Blue Book value is on a 2011 but should be ok(guy that was here today said he'll hook me up and shouldn't be any problem with my keeping the bike).I could actually fix it myself with just replacing the side and front cowlings(and tweaking a couple small things)for less than $1500 but I'll let him run with the estimates and see what they offer.

I bought a LH side fairing a few years ago from Honda East Toledo and it came with sticker kanji. Does not come with foam pads- I ripped em off and swapped them over. Pretty sure it did have the heat shield. I got both the pieces that lock together to make the side and lower but I believe I paid for both separately and assembled them when I got them. Also check you tail pod. I got a new one of those too. It came with the sticker. Also see if the nose touched at all right on the edge. Mine did but it was so slight I left it.

Those little tabs snap off very easy and you can't Always tell unless you remove the fairing so I'd do that. I'm sure that grommet the side pops inot got shoved in the ram air tube since they do that even when you don't crash.

About 90% of the damage was the left side fairing with just a few scratches on the front cowling(about 4-5" above where the side fairing joins up and under the clutch lever),and the tank panel suffered a tab break so will replace it.Stator cover seemed to carry most of it and is pretty gouged up so will replace it also.Toe piece of the shifter bent a bit(can straighten it back out)and end of the Pazzo clutch lever just slightly bent(maybe 5 degrees),can't really notice it.Rashed up my Oberon bar end mirror a bit but originally bought a pair and only run one on the left side so can swap it out.Matte black kanji on the left fairing is trashed but having a friend make one up to replace it.That's pretty much it,still can't believe the tail section,ram air pod,swingarm,etc. made it through without a scratch.Think I'll pop off the side fairing tomorrow but will wait to do the front when I have the replacement,looks like a pain in the ass to me.

Back