Cost To Replace Gen II Left Side Fairing?

piratediverjefff

Registered
Anybody know what all entails to completely replace a Gen II left side fairing(or "cowling" as they call it)?Was viewing diagrams and looks like there are numerous pieces(not counting foam pads,heat shields,etc.)that make up a side fairing but damned if I can sort it all out.Adjuster is coming to appraise damage to my bike in the morning and I don't want to leave any pieces out that make up a complete left side.

Thanks guys,
Jeff

Naturally couldn't be as simple as the one piece Gen I,had to go and complicate poop on the Gen II!:crazy:

Price it ALL!
Make the insurance company pay!
I know my attitude(and most people's) is one reason insurance is high, but I'm not saying screw them over, just get every dime you can from them, as they take every dime they can from us.

I hear you bro,I just want to make sure I'm not leaving out a key component to the side fairing(looks like a whole crap load of pieces in the exploded diagrams).

I hear you bro,I just want to make sure I'm not leaving out a key component to the side fairing(looks like a whole crap load of pieces in the exploded diagrams,and I'm not sure if some of the "under cowling" pieces also make up the "side cowling" or not,confusing as hell).

The insurance company will know what you need and the replacement cost. I'm sure they've seen thousands of wrecked Hayabusas

I damaged my left side on a tip over 537 for large piece with all foam/ insulation/ sticker , and the 2nd part that attaches to the large piece was 186 . My nose is 329 , and left ram air scoop 160

That's what I'm talking about bro,that 2nd part that attaches to the large piece.I want to make sure I'm getting a complete side with foam,insulation,etc. in case this adjuster doesn't know what he's looking at either.

The insurance company will know what you need and the replacement cost. I'm sure they've seen thousands of wrecked Hayabusas

Hoping so bro,the old geezer that hit me is insured by some co. out of WI(we're in SoCal)and I don't know who/how familiar this adjuster is with sportbikes,etc.Guess I'll find out in the morning.Am saving your reply c10 to show the dude in case he tries to cheap out.

2011 bro,will need the complete left side from top to bottom including all foam pads,insulation,etc.(minus the graphics as I'm claiming $ for the custom graphics that were damaged),the front cowling(ram air scoop is ok),1 Oberon bar end mirror,stator cover(ground the crap out of it but not leaking),1 after market adjustable kick stand,1 Pazzo clutch lever,and 1 shifter.Think that's about it offhand ,also hoping to collect on my Arai Corsair V that ran me over $700 from Revzilla 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Thanks GA,luckily nothing beyond the kick stand and tip of the shifter was damaged.Still can't believe there's not a scratch on the swingarm,tail section,etc.,would've thought everything would've gotten rashed up.

He's gonna make me up the damaged graphic on the fairing.That front nose cowling looks like a real pain in the ass to replace,you might have to drag your old retired ass over here to help me.:laugh:Gonna call Chris too and ask about the process,I'm sure he's had them on and off several times.

Totally cool dude(just left),young guy who had just sold his R1 and said not to worry/he'd do me right. :super:Will be a bit as he has to write up the estimate/pass it on,etc.

Thanks bro,have bookmarked your above post for future reference as I'm sure I'll need it when replacing all of those cushions,etc.Do you happen to remember the approx. cost for the cushions,etc.?Just in case they want me to sign off on their damage estimate and haven't included those pieces.:super:

Back