Replacement "pushpins" at autozone....

Can you push the center pin in to release it like the OEM pin...or do you have
to pull it out to remove it
rock.gif
unlike the oem?..you pull it out...but the head has these opposing reccesses...(sorta like the big pushpins that attach your fairing inerts to the frame up front)...and i like that?...as...have ya ever pushed the oem pushpin just a tad too hard?...by accident?....and now the stem is popped into your tailsection?...and now ya get ta break out the allen wrenchs and play "go fetch"?....i have.
laugh.gif
...but?...not any more.
biggrin.gif

ya'll can always do watcha want but...i saw this as a real bargain as opposed to running through two towns to a stealership to pay upwards of $18 in hopes that they might have (6) of'em in stock.
laugh.gif

$3.99 and 10 minutes up the road got me a package of 15 of'em...taht's what?..like a "Lifetimes Supply"?..
laugh.gif

replaced all six...nine left over annnnd?...for bomus points?...i can even toss a couple of'em in my bikes toolkit...and all fer $3.99!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks bro, I definitely need some, and I hate going to the dealer. I'm going to autozone in the morning.

Great idea!! I broke a few when installing my undertail so I will have to grab up some of those...

Josh

Thanks for the detailed info! I was looking for some of these a while back and wasn't able to find anything that looked close to the stock pins. This should fit the bill nicely!

Looks like they'll work fine for the undertail, but I have a cracked one on the black inner fairing. They are slightly different I believe. Will these work there as well?

I've got the exact same push pins on my Burgman... In two different sizes, and 3 different styles between them.

The 1/4" works fine for my smaller pins, and I've found that the 5/16" fits VERY VERY snuggly into the larger pins places'.

Sorry, no pics from me, you'll have to rely on my thousand words and your imagination.
tounge.gif

Last stealership I went to just gave me a baggie of four. Okay, so no biggie but I'm amazed that this is deemed a chargable item by a dealer. Should be a courtesy item.

--Wag--

Someone wrote Lowes has them too. I went and bought some from there when putting bike back together. 50 cents each. Autozone sounds better though.

Back