Replacement "pushpins" at autozone....

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
sometimes a pic is worth a thousands words...

PUSHPIN1.jpg

and?...sometimes they ain't! LOL!....

PUSHPIN2.jpg

depending on what STEALERSHIP ya go too?...i've heard of oem pushpins for your stock undertail running anywhere's between $1.50-$3.00 "EACH"...and the inconvenience of running cross town to get'em...i measured up the holes in the tail/undertail section (with dial calipers) and they are just a scoosh over .250" (1/4") and i'm certain it was designed as a 6mm hole/pin application with "clearance"...well..the Package of 15 1/4" pushpins cost me $3.99 for the whole pack and i dare say i may even like them BETTER than the oem'ers as...

1. They definantly fit a tad snugger.

2. They seem to pull the bodywork together a tad tighter and...

3. They have a more substancial flange portion on'em (both thicker and larger in diameter) which covers more "bearing surface" (to be both stronger annnnd spread the load out to reduce any age/stress cracking) annnnnnnd?...

4. Alls ya need is a good set of fingernails to pop'em back out.
laugh.gif

savings, strength and convenience i figured was worth sharing and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157061246 -->

Hey Jinkster, Josh had told me about these as well but i have not had the time to go see and get them yet so thanks for the pic. I hear that they also carry the larger ones for the side cover panels just below the bars.

Hey Jinkster, Josh had told me about these as well but i have not had the time to go see and get them yet so thanks for the pic. I hear that they also carry the larger ones for the side cover panels just below the bars.
Yep..Josh is the one that directed me down this road as well and i guess there's a part# for some other type he was suggeting that are closer to stock and are listed as pushpins for "Nissan"...so no doubt they're most likely "metric" (6mm pushpins) but i couldn't find any at the locals autozones here but they did have 1/4" pushpins...so i measured and tried'em...and actually feel that with the 1/4" being a slightly tighter fit?..just may be "better" than the 6mm #'s and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Can you push the center pin in to release it like the OEM pin...or do you have
to pull it out to remove it
rock.gif

My local autozone had only FORD, CHEVY, DODGE push fasteners. I bought some but have not tried them. They have ribs instead of the arms.?

Back