Stealership 99-07 pushpins; 08-09 pushpins

sk8snw8s

Registered
I went to the stealership today and bought 2 plastic pushpins for the plastic panel near the gas tank. There is a difference from the push pins on my 06 and the ones I was sold. Are these 08-09 push pins? I will return them tomorrow and see if they can order the correct ones for my bike because in order for me to use these I would have to dremel my hole a little larger in my frame. :nono:

Have anyone in the family ran into this problem?
Photos of the differences attached.

pushpin1.jpg

pushpin2.jpg

pushpin12.jpg

Last edited:
It's unbeleaveable what they are chargeing for those too, there must be some after market pins someplace. 10$ for 50 ok but 4$ per thats worse than HD dealerships.

The one on the left (1st photo) looks very similar to some on the GenII. The other one does not look familiar at all. Which is which?

I paid $2 and change for the small ones at the stealership. I know these are available somewhere in larger qty's, but where?

One on the left is Gen 1 and may also be Gen 2. The one in the middle is what the stealership sold me(larger one).:wtf: does this fit on; not mines.

Last edited:
dealership got me too....high prices for those boogers!!! fairing bolts are nothing to sneeze at either...curses i say...curses to them all..

Back