The things i do 4 Oren...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Rode clean into stuart yesterday to buy four pushpins for Orens fairing which was missing (1)...so while at the stealership?..i popped some cell pix...lotsa '08-'09 junk still clogging up the doorway...like this Buck Rodgers model...Honduhs DN-01....

buckr.jpg

buckr2.jpg

But in the back?...sat a $40K Duc 1098 Bayliss LE

balisse1098.jpg

and outside of a shid green 14?...which i didn't care for the color/shade at all...and a leftover Black Connie w/ abs & hardbags (which i did ask the price on)...the best ride in the joint was out in the lot...

BUSAWASH5.jpg

OREN! :rofl: already has SS brake lines...full system akro exhaust...rearsets from he11...so i bought my $7.29 worth of (4) plastic pushpins and rode on home.

Sorry bout the poor quality cell pix and?...L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
That Honda was there when I bought Blanca.
And prolly will still be there when I trade her in for another. :rofl:

They do have some nice Ducs over there.

Sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on in a motorcycle mfgs. noodle.

The Dn-01...a $16,000 680cc STARTER BIKE. I guess maybe it was just an
exercise in technology ???

The other thing is with something new like this and the new interceptor you
would think Honda would be all over the map at bikeweek/biketoberfest doing
demos with a fleet trying to get the word out...They were a no show...No Demos
last march at bikeweek and didn't even come for biketoberfest (empty corner).
I don't expect to see them this March either, but I'll let everybody
know. (Suzuki a no show as well)

I know economic times and all, but that's like making a movie and not promoting
it or buying advertising.

Last edited:
That Honda was there when I bought Blanca.
And prolly will still be there when I trade her in for another. :rofl:

They do have some nice Ducs over there.

yep...at age 16 i bought my first streetbike from those folks in 1974 when they were known as "Honda Territory" just down the street from where they are now known as Florida Sports or some shid...(they'll always be "honduh territory" to me) anyways...i bought a slightly used metalflake burnt-orange/black '72 CB360T...which 6 months later i crashed after going with a 2:1 jardine Megaphone exhaust and a 454big bore kit which came with the power-roll cams..and then i got'er back on-the-road by caf'e'in it out with this cool azz single piece fiberglass tank/seat/ductail w/ bikini fairing that was made an ordered for a kawi machIII 500 but i got for 1/2 off and adapted and mounted to my 360..couple brackets..a few hose-clamps and viola!..gotta lotta compliments on it...then crashed...so bad that it destroyed the fairing and the front forks...never found any describable pieces of the tank or fairing...just the seatpad! LOL!

so...it took about 3 months but...when she was done?..I finally had my 1st (and only LOL!)..."chopper"...:rofl:

Twisted chrome 6" over springer front end...twisted chrome high rise Z Bars...twisted chrome high A sisssybar...gargole embroidered King & Queen seat...chrome rear fender w/ maltese cross brakelight...dual rectangular headlamps set at the rake one over the other and a super-point coffin tank with custom emeron silver/metalic jet black paint and...i was a badazz. :rofl:

Hey!...that juiced up 'lil 360T punched to a 454 w/ cams an exhaust was as fiesty as a trumpet or a BSA which i always wanted to chop so?..i figured why ask why? :rofl:

but yeah...i bought my 1st bike off of those azz clowns 34 years ago (who always treated me real nice but prices still suck as usual)...and after a lifetime of riding?..and owning literally dozens of bikes?..i've only ever bought (2) "new bikes" in my life..a kawi KE 100 (just before the 360 when i was 14) and a '89 Goldwing and?...neither was bought from there...just the 360..and i know when they got a pile of exotics lined up in the back and a buck rodgers dorkmobile like the DN-01 cloggin up the front doorway with sale signs hang'in off every bike in the joint?...times is tuff...they're weak...and for the 1st time in 34 years?...it's possible a deal could be had...i won't ditch Oren but..it may be a good year to stable a 2nd.:laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
I bet you they would give you stupid money in trade now for one of the new GenII they have sitting there .
They gave me more in trade for my two yr old 6,000 mile trade than you could have bought one new for on eBay just to roll a Busa !
I'm happy , bet you would be to !

Good to be out riding, regardless of the reason!!!

Great lookin' busa, yo! Can't wait to see what she looks like in the Sierra Nevadas...in August...:whistle:

Just sayin...:laugh:

:beerchug:

I bet you they would give you stupid money in trade now for one of the new GenII they have sitting there.

when's the last time you were in there?...cause yesterday?...

there weren't a busa in sight 'cept Oren.

saw a lot of "Special Edition" factory custom?..(don't even sound rite! :rofl: ) paint jobs on the new bikes...and a lot were '08's with BIG SALE prices....an right behind that DN-O1 was a brand new '08 model B-King...and an '09 M109 w/ silvr/gray skull & goblin fact. cus. paint...kinda sad really..lotsa new last 2 year model well sorted bikes and...they ain't mov'in..but?..not a busa in sight.

There was an ugly green ZX14 right up front there though...just behind the dorkmobils1 :laugh: :whistle:

Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Back