Replace One Fairing or Entire Body??

do not do the aftermarket fairings off fleabay! i just got a pair and they suck pretty bad. Plastic is abs like stock but weak as hell and in the end it fits... barely, if your anal about the way your bike looks, and by the sound of it you are then dont for sure. Pieces dont snap together with any of the OEM parts so you cant mix and match, and the dash panels all have huge gaps between them for the most part. Oh and none of your screws/bolts fit the aftermarket sets. So that means you have to go down to a home depot or lowes and do some serious shopping for all the rubber grommets and bolts and nuts to fit them onto the bike and to put them together. If the guy i got them from would take them back i would gladly return them and go with the OEM parts. After two full days of struggling with the stuff to get it to fit i literally said "either im going to force it to fit, or im going to break it trying and buy stock pieces" ... and i was hoping to break it lol. For something as minor as a kickstand fall you should probably look harder for the kanji stickers or see if you can get someone to airbrush them on, or just go with the stock panel. Speaking from experience

I dropped mine in the street in-front of the house. Minor damage, but a great excuse to get the bike repainted :laugh:

IMG_2123 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2130 (Medium).JPG

Dropped mine while trying to raise on rear stand...scratched right side...bought some touch up paint from Color Right, and it looks good enough for me. I wish it was perfect, but can live with it based on cost to restore to pristine condition.
YMMV, and I can respect that,

CW

I replaced left panel with Suzuki panel from dealer. With decals for 289.00. You cannot tell it ever was replaced. :whistle:

I just finished painting my 2009 right side fairing (pearl white) and lower (misty silver). I began to airbrush some isolated pitting from a parking lot drop, and the color-rite white base and misty silver were darker in shade than OEM paint using the touch-up size paint.
I ordered 1/2 pints of the paints and pint of clear coat, and sprayed the whole panels. Not quite factory in color, but good 'nuf! However, I don't think the paint is an OEM match.
Will post pics soon after new tires installed.

my whole d@mn air brushed paint job got rashed bad when I was rear ended back in 2007...know one notices it most of the time, in fact most think its part of the design??? after 28k miles with road rash she is finally getting new paint this winter...

100_0328.jpg

100_0330.jpg

100_0333.jpg

100_0335.jpg

100_0338.jpg

100_0340.jpg

Mine got scratched, ordered a new one from Goldenchild. A friend scratched it and is paying for it, but it would have been replaced even if i was payin.

SANY0683.jpg

Back