Body panel (fairing) removed....?

M3Busa

Registered
Has anyone removed the body panel fairings, and left it that way? I replaced my exhaust a while ago and fell in love with the way she looks without the body fairing (left and right engine covers). I may use some plastic primer and paint the coolant surge tank flat black and call it a day?

I used to take Bessie's dress off every now and then to run her naked... usually after adjustments or maintenance to look for leaks/issues. I think you may want to look at protecting the harnesses as well - but they do look good that way...

Actually, naked is good in a pinch. But after a while, and I am sure others will vouch for this,,, after about 80mph you are fighting the wind too much to enjoy the real Hayabusa and it's true aerodynamic design.

I have not run mine without but it does look good.I prefer the full body look atleast for now.I had a naked ZR-7 that was being made to a street fighter but sold it for the busa. Take them off,get a new headlight and run with it.

Actually, naked is good in a pinch. But after a while, and I am sure others will vouch for this,,, after about 80mph you are fighting the wind too much to enjoy the real Hayabusa and it's true aerodynamic design.

Don't know, I've never done it, but I see a lot of guys running naked at Maxton. If you like the look, then paint the reservoir and enjoy your ride :thumbsup:

yeah looks beautiful naked... but man the heat that comes out is too much to handle riding without the fairings... especially in summer... Damn... dont wear shorts!

Has anyone removed the body panel fairings, and left it that way? I replaced my exhaust a while ago and fell in love with the way she looks without the body fairing (left and right engine covers). I may use some plastic primer and paint the coolant surge tank flat black and call it a day?

You have to be careful here. As long as she doesn't turn out to look like this! The "streetfighter" busa has been attempted before :whistle: :puke:

:laugh:

streetfighterbusa_LOL.JPG

Necessary for?????

Cooling, No?
They're mainly necessary for aerodynamics. The fairings are there to help the bike cut through the wind, without them even at normal highway speeds the wind will kick you're butt lol. And I do big speeds a LOT..so for me the fairings are necessary :laugh:

Back