Fairing Replacement Experience / Expertise

lilgriprtg

Registered
Have 06 Busa which I had to lay down not to long ago. No busted fairing just road rash. Only on one side. Took to local Body Shop and they advised, fairing would require repainting. Need feedback on which is cheaper to purchase new fairing or to have current one painted and obtain new decals... Also whats the best way to obtain paint code and recommendations on decal purchase sites.
First time dealing with something like such... Please provide thoughts.

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_7157.jpg

The least expensive way would be to repaint and decal it yourself. You can get the paint from places like And I'm sure you can find the decals as well.

If you want the bike to look original, buy a New Fairing!

Like they all said, just order a new one, then sell this one for $100. By the time you get it painted and decaled, you'll be at $400 easy and thats assuming it comes out right and the body shop gets in done in the time frame they promise, which they wont. Hit up Justin at Honda east, sponsor and be done with the whole issue and ride off into the sunset.

I will say after rebuilding these bikes from their inception, buy a new fairing and sell old ones. the colorrite stuff is close but not perfect. Oem will be spot on color wise and stickers will be at perfect angles. I have seen some of best body shops try to match it cause customer wanted to cheap out and it end up costing more..

Why does no one advise that THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO DO SOME CUSTOM WORK? You have the fairings all messed up now, just sand them and paint them HOW YOU DESIRE!

He is trying to do it cheap as possible already read the post. We know a complete custom job isn't as cheap as two panel plus no tear down. He may not be mechanically inclined and likes the scheme he has..

Why does no one advise that THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO DO SOME CUSTOM WORK? You have the fairings all messed up now, just sand them and paint them HOW YOU DESIRE!

Some of us like stock bikes and stock paint schemes too. I for one won't buy a custom painted bike.

Ok, you won't buy a CP bike, but it is about $40 for paint and a couple hours doing the paint. Yes, he could go all out for thousands o' $$$$$$$ but he could ALSO do one himself for cheaper than fairings are.

I'm not telling anyone to do it, but you can't dismiss it as an option simply because you don't want to do it.

Its just a thought, not a demand

Back