Renting Hayabusa's

davidlerman

Registered
Hey folks...this is Babuski.....I used to post here regularly and enjoyed the forum. but I have been traveling extensively for my job and any free time is spent on my 2003 hayabusa (i have 55,000 miles on my 2003.....)

This past weekend I was in SanDiego California and I had the opportunity to rent a 2008 Hayabusa and drove it about 500 miles in two days. i went thru and organization called werentmotorcycles.com.....

My experience was first class. I always wanted to ride my busa in cali and had plans someday to ride PCH (highway 1) from Oregon down to SanDiego. I also wanted to ride in the canadian rockies and around Zion and Bryce national parks. But I never had the time required to ride the bike from chicago and I didn't want to trailer the bike or ship it.

We rent motorcycles.com.....is located in southern california. They dropped the bike off at my hotel and picked it up when the weekend was over. The charge was about 200 a day...but well well worth it.

the 2008 version of the busa was awesome....noticeably more power from low rpms up thru all the gears.....loved it. will try to post pictures later.

Anyone ever deal with this organization?

The gear box seems a bit smoother on the 2008 than my 2003.....the torque is easily more noticeable and going from 70 to 120 mph was much quicker than my older version.
I had the orange and black color and the bike looked terrific. Only complaint was those monster sized cans and the seat seamed a bit uncomfortable after a 200 mile ride. On my 2003, I don't get uncomfortable (sore) until around 300 or 350 miles in a day....
I like the gear indicator as well.

This firm is looking to open locations all over the western U.S. they rent all sorts of bikes that you;d never think anyone would rent....

Good to hear from you! Have never rented a motorcycle from them or anyone else, but have heard good things about them.

I wanted to rent a bike when I was in vegas but you have to be 25 and all they had were harley's. Did you read the website you have to have 15yrs riding exp. to rent the busa or own one not bad for $200 the deposit is kinda high it was only 350 a day and 1000 deposit to rent the Harley V-rod. the boss hoss 502 you have to be 40 yrs with 20yrs exp no exceptions thats funny

Back