Removing Front Fender

evan_calgary

Registered
Hey Guys,

I have done a search and have not found what I am looking for so asking the forum! I am looking to purchase a set of Busa fairings but I need to help the owner remove the front fender. Its cold here so I don't want to risk snapping the front fender with too much love. I am wondering if someone can help me with details on removing the fender. I am relatively mechanically inclined and am wondering what is involved past removing the bolts?

Thanks in advance!
Evan

The brake line connects in the back, pop the plastics holders out, but there is a riveted hold down too, just take the line out of that, the bracket stays on the fender. Then ya lift up, squeeze and wiggle. It's a tight fit, but will come out the front with figuring.

Yup, I just got mine off. Its a pain in the ass at first but once you get past the rivited holder, you are good to go

This thread is about brake line replacement but steps 5-7 detail front fender removal.
CLICK>>>https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/170241-brake-clutch-lines-removal-aftermarket-lines-installation.html

The little hose retainer ring has a pushpin that is a beech to get out if you don't have theh idea of how it works. Hope this pic helps. Push one half up and inward. Only one half will fit through the hole at a time. It's easy when you know how so don't give it too much love. You might be spending $3 for a new one...lol
tpfntbrklnrtnr.jpg

"lift up, squeeze and wiggle"......:rofl::rofl:

i did it too.
Push one half up and inward. Only one half will fit through the hole at a time. It's easy when you know how so don't give it too much love. You might be spending $3 for a new one...lol:laugh:

Thanks for the tips! I used them and with a little coaxing, was able to remove the fender!
(Tape idea worked great!)

Back