Removing dust seals from wheel?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
It's a Dust seal, it keeps out Dust, Dirt, And water.
Even with sealed bearings, the last thing you want is dirt or water in there.
Removing them is a bad idea, and will Not improve "rolling resistance"
If you want less rolling resistance, install ceramic wheel bearings.
Once you push a bike with those, you'll be amazed at the difference, and is the only way to achieve what you're looking for(as well as adding lighter, chain, sprockets, wheels, and rotors).

It's a Dust seal, it keeps out Dust, Dirt, And water.
Even with sealed bearings, the last thing you want is dirt or water in there.
Removing them is a bad idea, and will Not improve "rolling resistance"
If you want less rolling resistance, install ceramic wheel bearings.
Once you push a bike with those, you'll be amazed at the difference, and is the only way to achieve what you're looking for(as well as adding lighter, chain, sprockets, wheels, and rotors).
Hi. I will be removing mine. Only when I take the bike to do LSR and drag racing. I will try to see if it helps at all. I have ceramic bearings and DYMAGs magnesium wheelies.

Only reason I even brought it up is Brock talks about them in his episode where he puts in ceramic bearings. I have heard they are night and day difference, and for the price they better be!

At least I didn't ask about brake pad chamfering lol
HI. For the street no race yes. You can get magnets for the brake pistons. The suck the pads away from the brake rotors. I looked at them for race ONLY. What I will do is push the pistons and pads away from the rotor and push the bike to the line not even ride it to the line!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
har0ld137