Removing dust seals from wheel?

It's a Dust seal, it keeps out Dust, Dirt, And water.
Even with sealed bearings, the last thing you want is dirt or water in there.
Removing them is a bad idea, and will Not improve "rolling resistance"
If you want less rolling resistance, install ceramic wheel bearings.
Once you push a bike with those, you'll be amazed at the difference, and is the only way to achieve what you're looking for(as well as adding lighter, chain, sprockets, wheels, and rotors).

It's a Dust seal, it keeps out Dust, Dirt, And water.
Even with sealed bearings, the last thing you want is dirt or water in there.
Removing them is a bad idea, and will Not improve "rolling resistance"
If you want less rolling resistance, install ceramic wheel bearings.
Once you push a bike with those, you'll be amazed at the difference, and is the only way to achieve what you're looking for(as well as adding lighter, chain, sprockets, wheels, and rotors).
Hi. I will be removing mine. Only when I take the bike to do LSR and drag racing. I will try to see if it helps at all. I have ceramic bearings and DYMAGs magnesium wheelies.

Only reason I even brought it up is Brock talks about them in his episode where he puts in ceramic bearings. I have heard they are night and day difference, and for the price they better be!

At least I didn't ask about brake pad chamfering lol
HI. For the street no race yes. You can get magnets for the brake pistons. The suck the pads away from the brake rotors. I looked at them for race ONLY. What I will do is push the pistons and pads away from the rotor and push the bike to the line not even ride it to the line!

Back