Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removed Graphics

piratediverjefff

Registered
Got bored yesterday and peeled 'em off,may replace with a custom set later.

passengerpegmounts034.jpg

passengerpegmounts035.jpg

I like it.:thumbsup:
It would look good with black graphics too, as they would only be noticeable in certain lighting and angles.
I have grey kanjis and flat black for the rest of the stickers on my grey/black 08, they blend in good.

Now you need smoked front signals, black levers, rearsets, chain and rear sprocket.
You're just costing yourself more money:laugh:

I like it.:thumbsup:
It would look good with black graphics too, as they would only be noticeable in certain lighting and angles.
I have grey kanjis and flat black for the rest of the stickers on my grey/black 08, they blend in good.

Now you need smoked front signals, black levers, rearsets, chain and rear sprocket.
You're just costing yourself more money:laugh:

That's kinda what i was thinking on new graphics.:thumbsup:

Should get the rear sets/passenger peg mounts off to the powder coated this coming week(front signal lenses are also next on the list:laugh:),chain and sprockets as soon as i wear these out.:thumbsup:

(how much of a hassle to get those front turn signal lenses off,is there a second bolt/screw hidden up under there somewhere?)

i like it. i thought of doing this too but cant seem to convince myself enough

Thanks guys,i like it better myself without all those factory "stickers".I thought it'd be more of a hassle than it actually turned out to be(left the fairings on the bike),just used a hair dryer and most peeled right off...'til i got in too big of a hurry while doing the left side and left quite a bit of adhesive still stuck to the fairing.:banghead:I like to never got that crap off,used a combination of WD-40 and an adhesive remover(and lots of elbow grease:laugh:)and finally some Mothers Scratch Remover.I believe the trick is using just enough heat and peeling the graphics off really SLOWLY.:thumbsup:

I keep a high quality spray bottle (home depot) with mineral spirits in it handy, good for removing the sticky stuff, as well as the chain lube/wax discharge on the body and rims.

Thanks guys,i like it better myself without all those factory "stickers".I thought it'd be more of a hassle than it actually turned out to be(left the fairings on the bike),just used a hair dryer and most peeled right off...'til i got in too big of a hurry while doing the left side and left quite a bit of adhesive still stuck to the fairing.:banghead:I like to never got that crap off,used a combination of WD-40 and an adhesive remover(and lots of elbow grease:laugh:)and finally some Mothers Scratch Remover.I believe the trick is using just enough heat and peeling the graphics off really SLOWLY.:thumbsup:

I keep a high quality spray bottle (home depot) with mineral spirits in it handy, good for removing the sticky stuff, as well as the chain lube/wax discharge on the body and rims.

I was probably wishin' i had some along about the 3 hour mark(left side took me less than an hour...right side around 2,and 1 of those spent gettin' that glue off).:thumbsup:

looks nice.. I had a 08 black cbr 600 graffiti edition. loved the way the graphics looked on that bike and was only noticible from up close. Look it up that might give you some ideas. :thumbsup:

Looks great!! :thumbsup: personally I like the look of no decals too though... :laugh:

I think it looks good. But I would put a custom set on there. I plan on buying a gen 2 busa logo and putting it on my gen 1.

Nasty lookin! I couldnt get the nerve to do that to my black 11' then it fell over. Now I have all the plastics off and in for paint. Plastics will be super-fly yellow with all other tid bits black. Kind of nervous for the outcome.

Top Bottom