Removed Graphics

piratediverjefff

Registered
Got bored yesterday and peeled 'em off,may replace with a custom set later.

passengerpegmounts034.jpg

passengerpegmounts035.jpg

I like it.:thumbsup:
It would look good with black graphics too, as they would only be noticeable in certain lighting and angles.
I have grey kanjis and flat black for the rest of the stickers on my grey/black 08, they blend in good.

Now you need smoked front signals, black levers, rearsets, chain and rear sprocket.
You're just costing yourself more money:laugh:

I like it.:thumbsup:
It would look good with black graphics too, as they would only be noticeable in certain lighting and angles.
I have grey kanjis and flat black for the rest of the stickers on my grey/black 08, they blend in good.

Now you need smoked front signals, black levers, rearsets, chain and rear sprocket.
You're just costing yourself more money:laugh:

That's kinda what i was thinking on new graphics.:thumbsup:

Should get the rear sets/passenger peg mounts off to the powder coated this coming week(front signal lenses are also next on the list:laugh:),chain and sprockets as soon as i wear these out.:thumbsup:

(how much of a hassle to get those front turn signal lenses off,is there a second bolt/screw hidden up under there somewhere?)

Thanks guys,i like it better myself without all those factory "stickers".I thought it'd be more of a hassle than it actually turned out to be(left the fairings on the bike),just used a hair dryer and most peeled right off...'til i got in too big of a hurry while doing the left side and left quite a bit of adhesive still stuck to the fairing.:banghead:I like to never got that crap off,used a combination of WD-40 and an adhesive remover(and lots of elbow grease:laugh:)and finally some Mothers Scratch Remover.I believe the trick is using just enough heat and peeling the graphics off really SLOWLY.:thumbsup:

I keep a high quality spray bottle (home depot) with mineral spirits in it handy, good for removing the sticky stuff, as well as the chain lube/wax discharge on the body and rims.

Thanks guys,i like it better myself without all those factory "stickers".I thought it'd be more of a hassle than it actually turned out to be(left the fairings on the bike),just used a hair dryer and most peeled right off...'til i got in too big of a hurry while doing the left side and left quite a bit of adhesive still stuck to the fairing.:banghead:I like to never got that crap off,used a combination of WD-40 and an adhesive remover(and lots of elbow grease:laugh:)and finally some Mothers Scratch Remover.I believe the trick is using just enough heat and peeling the graphics off really SLOWLY.:thumbsup:

I keep a high quality spray bottle (home depot) with mineral spirits in it handy, good for removing the sticky stuff, as well as the chain lube/wax discharge on the body and rims.

I was probably wishin' i had some along about the 3 hour mark(left side took me less than an hour...right side around 2,and 1 of those spent gettin' that glue off).:thumbsup:

looks nice.. I had a 08 black cbr 600 graffiti edition. loved the way the graphics looked on that bike and was only noticible from up close. Look it up that might give you some ideas. :thumbsup:

I think it looks good. But I would put a custom set on there. I plan on buying a gen 2 busa logo and putting it on my gen 1.

Nasty lookin! I couldnt get the nerve to do that to my black 11' then it fell over. Now I have all the plastics off and in for paint. Plastics will be super-fly yellow with all other tid bits black. Kind of nervous for the outcome.

Back