Remove TRE Switch?

ok since im an idiot can someone tell me the purpose of the TRE and how it can help me.?
rock.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 05 2006,02:26) ok since im an idiot can someone tell me the purpose of the TRE and how it can help me.?
rock.gif
The TRE removes the 6th gear rev limiter. All gears have a rev limit at 11,500 RPM except for 6th which has it at 10,500. The TRE makes the bike think its always in 5th gear so even when its in 6th, it'll allow the bike to go to the 11,500 rpm rev limit.

Also, Suzuki retarded the timing in gears 1 thru 4 ... each a bit less than the gear before. 5th and 6th were left untouched. Since the bike thinks its in 5th it will eliminate the retardness in the first 4 gears, hence the name:
Timing
Retardant
Eliminator

If you're not planning on going past the 186mph mark, chances are you don't need one. From personal experience though, I can fell the change in the first 2 gears in terms of smoothness. So even when I'm out on the street riding in non-highway traffic, I still have it on. I have the switchable TRE mentioned earlier and it does work. CLICK ME TO SEE PRODUCT. You can click the pic on the top-right for a better picture.

I borrowed a friends throttle-meister (motorcycle cruise control) and "locked" my bike at around 30mph in 1st gear. I then began switching the TRE on and off. I can feel the bike pull and bog respectively. I've also hit the limiter at 10,500rpm with it off. I then turned it on and was able to reach 10,800 before having to let off due to traffic.

I'm not going to say it'll benefit you because many here say it doesn't, but I will say this. Spigga installed it in Spigga's bike and it worked.

Oh, and from what I hear it'll cut your 1/4 mile times by about 1/10th of a second. This is because since the bike thinks its in 5th, its running the 5th gear map causing it to run a bit rich. I've never been to the strip so I can't confirm that. But even if that is true, I can simply switch mine off without ever having to lift the tank if I ever manage to go drag racing. I can just reach down, flip the switch, and I'm good to go.

Don't click the popcorn icons; just want to remark about NightCrawler and how brilliant and detailed it was to read.
OK, so I lied. If your bike is between 1999 and 2000, you will default to using a 6th map ~ see shop manual. Sorry, I had to clarify a little. That much I know for a fact. The shop manual can back me up for those 2 years.

The, "Click Me" read, NightCrawler's explanation and his, "seat of the pants" toggle experience; keeps showing me data being toggled from analog maps to fail-safe, or let's call it what the book calls it, "ROM maps" (pg. 4-14).

Crawler, You hooked me so hard, your post here has to be the best description of, "FUNCTION" I've read so far.

bowdown.gif

Back