Remove TRE Switch?

InfiniteReality

Registered
I bought my bike with only a pipe and TRE on it. The guy moutned the TRE switch close to where the hump/seat installs so every once in a while I think to look at the switch and it's flipped off. I could just turn it 180degrees, but I'd rather just remove it. I saw 3 wires going into it, but not sure exactly why 3. Any idea how I can just clip the wires and solder the ends together?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

Are you sure that its a TRE , because the TRE is mounted under the Tank,it sounds like what your looking at is a switch that is hooked up on a testing pig tail for reading codes and setting your TPS ..Sorry but I cant remember the correct name for the pig tail and there is also a name for the switch ,anyway if this is what Im thinking it is then the switch should be turned in the off postion. is it a white plug that has 2 wires going to it and comming out of the main harness right at the seat and hump area?

(Busa Bill @ Sep. 11 2006,17:11) Are you sure that its a TRE , because the TRE is mounted under the Tank,it sounds like what your looking at is a switch that is hooked up on a testing pig tail for reading codes and setting your TPS ..Sorry but I cant remember the correct name for the pig tail and there is also a name for the switch ,anyway if this is what Im thinking it is then the switch should be turned in the off postion. is it a white plug that has 2 wires going to it and comming out of the main harness right at the seat and hump area?
I looked again at it today and it has 4 wires connected to it, 2 red and 2 black. It's mounted under the hump and has wires going to the main harness that. If I remember right 1 or 2 of the wires to the main harness was cut and butt connectors were used. I looked inside the heat shrink close to the switch and I see what looks like to be a capacitor (instead of a resistor). The switch has a black housing with a bit red on/off button. I'd be happy to take some pics if you'd like.

THANKS!!

Hummmmmm I dont know bro never heard of anyone putting a TRE there hopefully someone else will see this thread and help also

I know when I picked up the bike he said the governor was removed. Not knowing much about busa's at the time, I researched it when I got back and assumed it was a TRE. ummm..... Thanks for the info, maybe I can look into it and find something out....
beerchug.gif

Yea these bikes dont have a governor they have a rev limiter and a TRE will remove the limiter and allow you to get alot higher RPM's for top end power Drag racing ,theres alot talked about this item here on the board you will have no problem finding info on this for sure . like I said the TRE is from what I know always been mounted under the tank .Yea for sure Pics will always help if you have them posted .

OK GUYS ,NEED A SOME HELP HERE FOR A BROTHER BUSA RIDER AND OWNER ...

someone at one time did make a switchable TRE that you could turn on and off, it had a red rocker switch and never did work correctly on the 4 I saw

Thanks alot guys!!  
beerchug.gif

Sounds like I need to remove this POS thing and get a REAL one.  Always heard good things about the drivablity of low speeds, plus removing the rev/speed limiter is a good thing too.

Any recommendations on which one to buy?

I'll snap some pics tomorrow providing we have no rain, I got the tail off right now so they'll be some good pics!
smile.gif

If your looking for just a TRE then Ivans Smart TRE , there are alot of guys that make there own also ,I never done it but I have had an Ivans TRE before and it work great ,if you are wanting a gear indicator also then the GIpro w/ ATRE all in one is really nice this is what I have plus it has a TRE already that comes with it .Check the Mods Thread or the For Sale area or merchandice area for the GIPro he offers it here on the board really nice .

1.jpg

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 12 2006,06:00) no need for a TRE period
+1 i bought one back in 2000 and used it once. took it off and stored it away thinking ill have some need for it in the future. maybe if i get tired of the jerky throttle or something, who knows

Sounds like I should just unhook it from the bike and call it a day. I may go TRE one day to get rid of the jerky throttle when it bothers me enough.

Oh yeah, I might add that I can't tell a lick of difference between that switch being on or off. I'll get some pics for grins tonight if there's still light. Worst case I'll definitely get some Wednesday!

THANKS!!!

Like JC was saying, there is no need for it, if there is part throttle issues they can be tuned out, a TRE isn't the right way to do it.

I have some pics, just gotta resize them and upload tonight.
smile.gif
I looked closely at it and apparently there is 4 wires (2 red/2 blk) off the switch and something that from the end appears to be a capacitor but I'd assume a resistor. The wires out of the BCM that are cut are a pink wire and a blk w/ white tracer. I remember reading something about the TRE else where and I remember them talking of a pink wire. So I guess it's definitely a TRE.

I only have just a typical PC3USB tune, no dyno tune, on the bike, so without the dyno tune should I get a "real" TRE in the meantime?

Everyone has there own opinion on that one big guy ,I have one and I can tell a big difference with it myself. but some will say they dont so its up to you to decide.

Here's the pics of my non-existent TRE switch. I took it off and soldered & heat shrinked the pink and blk/wht wires together. I took the switch apart and saw they had a resistor for the pink wire.

I do now notice some stumbling down low. I may look into getting the real thing or play with PC3 tune a little.

IMGP2911.jpg

IMGP2913.jpg

IMGP2915.jpg

Took the bike for another spin and definitely feels different in lower RPMs. The best way to describe it is that it surges. I'm gonna play with the tune a little bit and if that doesn't help then I think I may hardwire that resistor back inline (no switch) with it and leave it alone.

Or would I be better just buying a TRE?

Playing with the PC3, I got alot (if not all) the low RPM surging out!
smile.gif
Still need to make a few more rides to make sure it's all gone!
beerchug.gif

Back