Redline synthetic oil

MeatyFrank

Donating Member
Registered
Quick question for you guys...when I bought my hayabusa the guy told me he put in Redline oil...from what I have read this is a synthetic oil...since the stores around me don't carry redline do you guys have a recommendation for what oil I should use...I just want to make sure that the oil I use is compatible...I assume most synthetics would be compatible but I just wanted to make sure...thanks for your help.
-Chad

I use Redline, but I've heard good things about Amsoil. (What I'd use if I couldn't find redline)

Well, I was thinking about using Mobil1 MX4T 10w40 because I have done some searches and that oil seems to be a popular choice. I can't seem to find any local stores that sell Redline and I don't really want to order it. I assume that there won't be any conflicts with switching to this oil will there be? I'm not very familiar with synthetics so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again guys!!!
-Chad

The shop by me just started carring Silkolene, I'm on my first change w/ Pro4 plus. So far, so good....shifts smoother (really just like the red color). It's pricey stuff, about $50 per change. I really think any full synthetic made for a motorcycle will do the trick.

Thanks for the help...I'll probably just go to the local stores and see what full synthetics are available.

Thanks for the help...I'll probably just go to the local stores and see what full synthetics are available.
Caution always make sure the Syn. Is for Motorcycles. I Bought a GSX1000. the clutch slipped Bad.. the dealer put in a new Clutch and it Slipped Bad. Someone had put in Mobil 1 Gold Cap with all the polymers.. ruins clutches quickly .. So they traded me for the Bus Lucky me... I called the old owner and that is what he told me he done..

Would Castrol Syntec be okay? I looked and couldn't find any synthetic oils that specified for motorcycles. Thanks again guys.

Well, I was thinking about using Mobil1 MX4T 10w40 because I have done some searches and that oil seems to be a popular choice. I can't seem to find any local stores that sell Redline and I don't really want to order it. I assume that there won't be any conflicts with switching to this oil will there be? I'm not very familiar with synthetics so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again guys!!!
-Chad
+1 Walmart 7.59Qt.

if you're havin problems findn premium synthetic oils, try a bike(or...gulp...a car)performance shop. They may not have what u need in inventory, but they can probly get it for a reasonable price.

and ordering may still be a good route to go-if you're doin your own oil change to save a few, mite be worth it to buy in bulk. just my .02
smile.gif

Yeah, don't be shy about ordering what you want if shops around you don't carry it. That's what I've done as most around here only carry Amsoil. It's decent oil, but there's better.

I would recommend going with an ester based, which Redline is. I've never tried it, but I just put in Maxima 4 Extra and it's far superior anything I've tried so far.

Other ester based bike oils are that get good reviews are Silkolene, Motul, and Royal Purple.

Hope this helps

cool.gif

I used Castrol Synthec evo before the Silkolene, matter of fact, evo is what the local dealer puts in if you don't specify.

Back