What type of engine oil?

dre_m1300

Registered
Just brought another busa and is trying to figure out if the previous owner was running synthetic oil or regular oil. My question is what can i do or look for to tell what kind of oil was used or should I just go with synthetic oil just to be on the safe side. Buddy of mine told me I cannot run regular oil if previous owner was running synthetic not sure how true that is!

SP is right, run synthetic if you want to. I run Amsoil synthetic with a K&N filter.

As above Fully Synthetic, I run Q8 Moto SBK Racing 10w-50 API SL JASO MA or whatever you can get of a similar spec or better!!

Best regards Stretch

ALL oils are mixable. I repeat ALL 4 stroke oils are mixable and it will not hurt anything. ALL manufacturers make their products so they can be used in any motor whether or not it has synthetic or not. Use whatever you want and don't listen to oil retards. Good Luck!

I use good old dino oil myself. Change it with the filer every 4kish - had my bike at the shop a few weeks back, and the mechanic commented on how great my bike ran with 47k miles on it. To each their ow - dino for me.

Back